The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
matriarch

Tantra?

Um just wondering what other people's experiences in relation to tantra are?

I feel like I have kind of an interest in it after looking into hypnosis exercises involving charkras.

Im totally into it. :) Recently watched Steve Piccus White Tiger Tantra. Are ther other recommendable tantra DVD´s around? bye Eg

I try to eat nearly everyday, it keeps certain parts of myself alive, does that count?

Yo! Where's tst tantra? got a suspicion he might be interested :P

was holding off from posting.....most of it has been posted about before.

but i think worth a repeat is that my method was to take an entheogen and go inside looking for my chakras...i did this a number of times and some of it seemed to be 'putting in time and awareness' for many hours on end.

my first book on tantra was omar garrison's 'tantra : the yoga of sex'.

my first shroom meeting was a tantric vision....without having heard of tantra.

t s t .

Love to hear of your experiences with chakras, and how was the material you referred to ^, any other recommendations?

dont really know what to say generally about my experiences....maybe check these threads....

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20881

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20899

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22016

i have quite a few books on tantra,most are good but none is indispensable.

'mudras:yoga in your hands' by gertrud hirschi was quite useful,giving another method to combine with other exercises for better connection....this can be quite powerful.

the best traditional overview i have might be 'layayoga' by shyam sundar goswami..

t s t .

Without having anything else to contribute to this thread, I'd just like to suggest HBWR (or other lsa I guess) for chakra chasing since I've read that people find themself looking inwards rather than outwards compared to other entheogens or psyches.

Only in countries where such use would be legal of course.

"Layayoga" as mentioned is very good...but it is only really instructive for someone with a foundation of dhyana / achieving jhana states

"Kundalini Tantra" and "A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya" by Swami Satyananda Saraswati are also good

they're pretty traditional though...involves much time and discipline, strong motivation, steadiness of mind and developed concentration

Basically the idea is this:

A siddhi is a power, basically anything you can imagine you want to do.

A siddhana is a practice you develop to cause you to achieve your desired effect.

A sadhu is a person who practices siddhana's to achieve siddhi's.

A siddhana consists of 5 elements. which correspond to the 5 senses and the five organs of sense.

1.meditation - creates the space for the siddhi to arise, and allows one to single mindedly focus intent.

2.visualisation - creates the mental imagery of what you wish to witness, moving from the most subtle to the most gross manifestations of the vision. This includes mandala's deity invokations and all manner of imaginations.

3. Mantra - creates a sonic cue to actualise and trigger the effect. bring the auditory aspect of mind into focus upon the event. and creates harmonic interactions with vibrations of that which is formed.

4. Yoga - Attaches an action to the desired outcome, creating muscle memories and or Qi flow pathways and or opening mental gateways into certain specifically constructed mental formation, these include mudras, hatha yoga postures, sexual yoga, and extends into the realms of karma yoga, building up positive intentions to drive the actualisation of your desires within the reactive universe. Yoga includes environment designs such as fengshua, and designing structures around specific idea's to help to cement them into the neural network.

5. Aushadis - Is a vedic word which relates the use of plants and or external objects or elements to effect changes in the mind...the use of sacraments to commune with specific deities, who interdependantly exist in the mind to assist in achieving certain effects; to boost latent mental powers; increase focus; dissolve preconceptions; even simply create associations between smells using incense to trigger reactions.

There are many pre-constructed programs in existence designed by masters of mind formation, and they are useful for understanding the requisite elements of the basic program, though as with most things in life, the most effective system for you will be one you have constructed to suit your needs and understanding.

Tantra is a mechanism of following a path toward a desired end.

To completely embrace the tantric paths, you must be willing to spend time practicing and to sacrifice the things which hold you back or in other words to cut the cords of attachment which hold you in your present state of being and stop you from being free to attain your goals.

Without the ability to detach you will not acheive the highest ends of your desires...

often these practices work most effectively in isolation, when you are alone, you are the centre of your own world...your thoughts are not contaminated or recallibrated by others and you can dive down into the depths of self affirmation and totally split from any need for "consensus"...it is in this place that you will find your true 'self'.

certain types of food (a type of aushadis) or lack thereof would be a wise idea to consider the effects of...

your mind contains a store of information which is weighted based on logic and importance to your survival, if you work with the things which have great historical meaning and weight, from those things you will derive the most power. in the same way, things which are blank and absolutely free of meaning can be used as a medium into which you implant your own new meanings value and information.

Tantra is basically understanding how the mind attaches, conceptualizes and creates based on it's underlying idea of it's own self...and it is through this process of attachment that we move through the universe, from life to life, recreating ourself from the ashes of our old constitutions.

I hope this helps.

peace.

Here ya go this is a good little sequence of how it works...

and should give u some imagery to work with...

is it common to feel a crown chakra 'tingle',at the top of the head,when on most entheogens?

i think this could be an 'in' if it is recognised as such.help you get what to look/feel for.....

t s t .

Metatronnnnnnnnn...

thiz is the shape and structure your neurons should form after you homogenize them through repetition upon your mala stingzzzzz...