The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ramon

smoking tobacco seed capsules

Whilst harvesting some tobacco seeds today I noticed that the seed capsules have a sticky feel to them and have a resinous smell similar to pine.

This led me to wonder what a smoke made purely from these parts of the tobacco plant would be like.

Has anybody tried smoking just the seed capsules.

my money is saying that they're going to be just as active as the leaf.

people haven't been smoking the empty seed capsules (or at least talking about it)

because a plant can produce much more leaves vs flower spikes.

the leaves don't have the same resin on them.

Figured it would be similar to smoking the leaf but thinking that it might be more pleasant due to the nice smelling resin

heh- not me buddy.

Its the husk/modified leaf that surrounds the seed capsule thats all sticky and good smelling- that might be smokable but the capsules themselves seem too woody, like smoking stems.

Your tobacco leaves arent sticky? You are growing N. tabacum right? My tabacums are always sticky, especially up higher on the plant. hmm- I'm lookin at a bucket of empty seed capsules right now... if anything I think they will end up as insecticide.

My thoughts were always about the flowers- in nicotiana tabacum they smell all floral and good (in other tobacco species I've grown they smell down right narcotic lol- gossei and excelsior for example).

Well- be sure to post your results :)

i quite like the equivalent pods on n rustica

im just about to try some tabacum pods myself