The Corroboree
drugo

fortune tellers and destiny

I was recently told some incredible stuff from a fortune teller based in Brisbane.

The old soul mapped out my past and present and, which is my question for this thread, aspects of my future. She described with shocking accuracy intricacies concerning my family relations, fears, dreams and much more.

She told me I was destined to do something very specific, which seems to be the direction I'm heading. But she outlined some really specific grand ideas and I'm having trouble dealing with, integrating, or put simply, completely believing them. I've had friends channel ideas from tryptamine beings that reflect a similar path for me. I feel like I should believe it but something is stopping me from completely doing so.

I'm not so interested in people swinging their logic swords at this question.

I'm after responses from people who have encountered profound personal knowledge and destiny claims from an independent source.

Have you heard convincing ideas describing your life, including future? If so, do you think the cosmic drama set in stone? and/or, maybe the stone is malleable?

love.

Edited by mooksha

Not the old gyps magic romany trick, but it is.

The old trick is telling you they have asphalt or paint after a work site so cheap if hired,.

Probably a cultural existence rather than a religion.

Edited by devance

I'm after responses from people who have encountered profound personal knowledge and destiny claims from an independent source.

Have you heard convincing ideas describing your life, including future? If so, do you think the cosmic drama set in stone? and/or, maybe the stone is malleable?

hmmmm. not exactly from independent sources. just my interpretation of events. it can get pretty confusing, you go through life wondering about it's general meaning and on top of that you have to figure out personally, what you are and what you're to do, and the whole time everything is changing.

one also struggles with megalomania or self-centric scenarios. in a way, it's justifiable to feel like the centre of the drama. in a way i think we are each the lead actor in a drama beyond comprehension. we are each god. so to believe the circumstances surrounding and consequences following your life are far greater than they appear to be, is absolutely fair.

one independent source is astrology or numerology. some of these systems seem to tell you what you are and so many people swear to the accuracy. i've also used mundane events to reinforce or alter ideas that i hold about myself, as though the mundane events were messages.

i wish you could get some better answers. if you'd like to discuss it via pm that would be great :D because i'm incredibly curious about what you were told :P altho it is probably of a personal nature.

A friend recently shared his opinion on astrology.

He states "it's like a sausage, the more things that get put into it, the more I don't want to eat it".

If you're having trouble wondering how something that doesn't make much sense for you at the moment, is supposed to be a grand aspect of your life in later times, consider how many current activities or characteristics do you hold that ten years ago you'd never believe would occur? Badly worded that, but for example... ten years ago I was staunchly anti-drug (besides weed and alcohol) and had no interest in gardening. Now gardening my own drugs is quite a big part of my life.

it can be very confusing i've had 3 such experiences all with random people walking up to me in various places and telling me the most profound things I think i would have been more comfortable if i had been in your situation and specifically sort such information I guess i've never really fully come to terms with it and i guess I won't unless these things manifest themselves in one way or another , its something that crops up from the back of my mind at random times and has resulted in some rather deep thinking while under the influence of various psychadelics

It's the small things that convince me there's a very real possibility of future-seeing. Our future is somebody else's past; the past we can see in the present (looking through space); so our future is being seen in somebody elses' current. If all it took was some kind of bridge (physically or mentally) across to that future then it would be possible to see the future.

Shall post more when have the time.

If you're having trouble wondering how something that doesn't make much sense for you at the moment, is supposed to be a grand aspect of your life in later times,

The prophesy makes complete sense to me given my current trajectory It has just made me a tad confused about the nature of time, destiny and free-will. I know I have the choice not to be her claim. For example, I could bullet myself tonight or enroll in finance at uni for 2010. But the power of this fortune teller's analysis of me and the subsequent prophesy has thrown my mind into all sorts of considerations on what I am, and what I am to do, or doing. Perhaps we have rough scripted paths, like frequencies magnetised to particular ways of being and if we deviate from these ways of being maybe we get sick, dis-ease, imbalanced - emotionally, physically and spiritually. Or perhaps not.

Another idea i have is perhaps she resonated deeply with me and whilst traversing layers of my being appreciated my past and present including strengths, weaknesses and hopes then relfected my aspirations for the future in 'concrete' terms to help me in manifesting my dreams. In other words, she check what I want, then says "You are to be this and only this!, now go and be it". Maybe she is completey unaware that she is inspiring possibilities that are inside me and thinks she is channeling the telos of my soul carved into the stone of eternity. Or perhaps not.

Thanks for sharing neo and fancy.

There needs to be an emoticon for head implosion. Nice reading that the paradox of free will is doing others heads in too; I feel less alone :lol: