The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DarkSpark

Interesting patch i found

Question

I found a patch of these growing from both the rotting log itself and the timber "dust" and debris around it. The area is Very moist, flooding when it rains for quite a while. For the most part shaded. Found probably close too 15 of them total in the one area and a few more similar ones splattered here and there nearby. As yet i haven't managed too get a sporeprint as i didnt bring any home. But i will go down before work tomorrow and bring one back and leave it over the course of the day too drop its spores. As well as this having it there infront of me will make it easier for me too describe the gills etc.

didn't appear too have any blue stains on it at all either ;)

th_108_0013.jpg

th_108_0014.jpg

th_108_0021.jpg

th_108_0016.jpg

th_108_0019.jpg

Edited by DarkSpark

4 answers to this question

Don't really know about the mushrooms up your way, but I think your looking for the dung lovers. Look in cow paddocks after rain.

Don't really know about the mushrooms up your way, but I think your looking for the dung lovers. Look in cow paddocks after rain.

Hey jabez, i can find plenty of them, for the most part what i will be finding and putting in here is some of the wierd things i find whilst walking down the bush. Sometimes i see a spot which looks perfect and have a looksee and find something like these :)

Plenty of gold tops up here, not entirely sure which variety will have too try and identify them properly next time.

heh well after my gnome began finding a stack of P. Cyans over the last little bit i stumbled accross these beauties this morning... His first find of a full sized cubensis(so we think) got the deep deep purple spore print little ring on the stem, colouring, shape etcetc. They are awesome, 30G and 25G wet weight in each plus around 40g a good haul he said to me. Cubes were his first ever mushroom and it was that long ago that he barely remembers the effects. Will be having these fellas tomorrow sometime possibly a little bit tonight. Have taken 2 sporeprints of both cubensis(4 prints total) as well as a crapload of Cyan sporeprints. If anyone wants any let me know, chasing some N. Rustica seeds.

also can someone help with the id, will post up a sporeprint in a bit.

post-6528-126310174818_thumb.jpg

post-6528-126310189515_thumb.jpg

Hi Dark Spark, please provide high quality pics if you want to get an ID of the shroom. The pics are way too small to tell. Please provide a pic of the spore print too, as well as one of the gills, the cap and please add something to the pic that can be used for measuring. Like a coin or a lighter.

From the small pics, it looks like mycena sp. but that´s just a very wild guess. bye Eg