The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Is this a Maidenii starting to flower?

I was told by a fellow forum member I could find a maidenii along this road, after much searching this is the closest tree I could find to it - is it the maidenii just starting to flower?

I know they normally have longer wattles but thinking it might just be starting.

post-6546-1254874658_thumb.jpg

post-6546-1254874667_thumb.jpg

post-6546-1254874682_thumb.jpg

post-6546-1254874693_thumb.jpg

post-6546-1254874702_thumb.jpg

what? are you going to ring bark it or something?

what? are you going to ring bark it or something?

/yawn

Ill stay civil, no I was there to collect seeds.

If I wanted to bark it I would of ripped of bark for an ID rather then taken really shitty photos.

the tree with yellow ball flowers is Daviesia arborea...this species is in the Fabaceae family so is closely related to Acacias...i used to confuse this species with Acacia maidenii as well... http://www.flickr.com/photos/lildtha/1944821706/

/yawn

Ill stay civil, no I was there to collect seeds.

If I wanted to bark it I would of ripped of bark for an ID rather then taken really shitty photos.

well you don't have to stay civil if you don't want.... i really don't mind.

nah i'm sorry, i just tend to get a bit agro with random internet users (i'm sure you're probably a really great genuine person but you must admit from this perspective you could be anyone at all) who seems to be looking for acacia bark.

in another thread you showed a photo of bark you'd stripped from a tree so thats why i'm being an asshole.

but again i'll appologize. i'm sure you're not out there to be a dick & are genuinely keen to be cool about the way you do things & my being an asshole doesn't help anyone. good luck with the search & good luck with your growing.

i have some seeds from some beautiful old acacia maidenii if you're interested. i haven't got heaps left anymore & they were collected a couple of years ago now, but they should still be fine. also i'm out in the bush at the moment & if i get a chance i'll check some of my local trees for fresh seed. if you PM me i'll send you some :)

alright, well i just got back from a beautiful walk in the bush to check out one of my local maidenii populations & theres plently of pods about, just not ripe yet... maybe about a month or so i'll go back & pick some. all the pods are very high up in the canopy so i'll need my climbing gear, but i'm happy to risk my life for the cause lol

i just wanna say that these plants & the ecology they're a part of never ceases to blow me away! one of the larger maidenii's i climbed today was a really beautiful old tree. i found maybe five or six different species of mosses, 4 or 5 different lichen's, 3 different species of epiphytic orchids! & a staghorn all growing on this one tree! which makes it an ecosystem in & of itself! just incredibly beautiful! also when i was sitting in this tree i saw a rock wallaby, an eastern grey roo & a lyer bird walk/hop past below me :wub:

I'm sure the answer is in the forum somewhere, but is there any magic in the phylodes, or only the bark?

nah i'm sorry, i just tend to get a bit agro with random internet users (i'm sure you're probably a really great genuine person but you must admit from this perspective you could be anyone at all) who seems to be looking for acacia bark.

in another thread you showed a photo of bark you'd stripped from a tree so thats why i'm being an asshole.

but again i'll appologize. i'm sure you're not out there to be a dick & are genuinely keen to be cool about the way you do things & my being an asshole doesn't help anyone. good luck with the search & good luck with your growing.

i have some seeds from some beautiful old acacia maidenii if you're interested. i haven't got heaps left anymore & they were collected a couple of years ago now, but they should still be fine. also i'm out in the bush at the moment & if i get a chance i'll check some of my local trees for fresh seed. if you PM me i'll send you some :)

Quite understandable, I could of probably done a better introduction thread :) . Im quite aware the day will come where no information will be given just due to preservation of wild entheogenic plants as the fast rate main stream drug users are finding out about them increases. Then again anyone who is after DMT just to get "high" will find themselves in a world of troubles heh.

I was on these boards back in 2003 and drove to Brisbane to meet up with one member, "Gomez" (real name, forgotten his forum nick) who supplied me with a few san pedro cacti and a whole lot of Pharlis Grass ready to plant! (Wish I had kept them both going!)

Anyway looking forward to sticking around the boards longer and learning more, thanks for your continued help

alright, well i just got back from a beautiful walk in the bush to check out one of my local maidenii populations & theres plently of pods about, just not ripe yet... maybe about a month or so i'll go back & pick some. all the pods are very high up in the canopy so i'll need my climbing gear, but i'm happy to risk my life for the cause lol

i just wanna say that these plants & the ecology they're a part of never ceases to blow me away! one of the larger maidenii's i climbed today was a really beautiful old tree. i found maybe five or six different species of mosses, 4 or 5 different lichen's, 3 different species of epiphytic orchids! & a staghorn all growing on this one tree! which makes it an ecosystem in & of itself! just incredibly beautiful! also when i was sitting in this tree i saw a rock wallaby, an eastern grey roo & a lyer bird walk/hop past below me :wub:

So where exactly are these trees....if you don't mind me asking...I'm quite keen on getting my chainsaw out and goin out there and choppin them down..will make it easier to the seeds, rather than climbing up those vermin of a tree...I can rip a tonne of bark of em as well...there's some lebs around the corner that wanna buy some changa and it would be a good way to get some bark and make some deemtee for them..fuck man we can make a few bucks too..serious bucks..plus we can cut the spice with meth...their so stupid they wouldn't know... :wink: so send me the details of the location of those trees..or better still just post it here and draw a map so I can print it out. Fuck this place rocks man...

not sure, but maybe you need to go easy on the happy pills bro :scratchhead:

not sure, but maybe you need to go easy on the happy pills bro :scratchhead:

hah no way man, I told you I don't need help or therapy my happy pills are working just fine...whew what a weekend though...at one point I had forgotten my own name and where I was... :lol:

Those green spiky things can really take you places that no public transport system has a route for.

To correct the fung shui of the thread, I am going to release a few maidens into some public parks this year; beautiful mulched ground which the lawnmowers wont go near