The Corroboree
B. Loco

Legal Advice on Using Personal Photos

I have discovered that someone I have fallen out with has recently posted three photos of me on his blog. While they are not offensive or lewd, I am, and always have been very particular about my image being on sites unless I approve of them. Is there any path I can take to make him remove the image? Some facts, that Im sure will be asked here so to clarify:

1. They were taken by him, and on his camera

2. I knew he was taking the shots at the time

3. I have politely asked him via email to remove them and he has refused to do so

Sine then I wrote back advising that I take offense to the use of them, and should he refuse, I will be left with no other option but to contact the blog host (google - fuck, try finding an email address for them!), to write to Google HQ in the US, and also obtain the details of the server he used to post the and advise them (his place of work - I REALLY don't want to jeapodise his job though) that someone is using their web access to post pics that I deem offensive.

He's also bagging me out on the site through his blogs, but not using my full name, and quite frankly he can say what he wants, it's his diary, and it's not libel if he doesn't use my full name. But I feel very strongly about the images.

Any ideas, folks?

just contact the isp or server he is using & let them know he did not ask nor dose he have permission to use pictures of you on his blog & you will seek legal advice if they are not removed

other than that i wouldnt know what else you can do :scratchhead:

i had a bloke i fell out with write a few slanderous things about me on a yahoo or my space some time ago i contacted them & it was removed

I have discovered that someone I have fallen out with has recently posted three photos of me on his blog. While they are not offensive or lewd, I am, and always have been very particular about my image being on sites unless I approve of them. Is there any path I can take to make him remove the image? Some facts, that Im sure will be asked here so to clarify:

1. They were taken by him, and on his camera

2. I knew he was taking the shots at the time

3. I have politely asked him via email to remove them and he has refused to do so

Sine then I wrote back advising that I take offense to the use of them, and should he refuse, I will be left with no other option but to contact the blog host (google - fuck, try finding an email address for them!), to write to Google HQ in the US, and also obtain the details of the server he used to post the and advise them (his place of work - I REALLY don't want to jeapodise his job though) that someone is using their web access to post pics that I deem offensive.

He's also bagging me out on the site through his blogs, but not using my full name, and quite frankly he can say what he wants, it's his diary, and it's not libel if he doesn't use my full name. But I feel very strongly about the images.

Any ideas, folks?

Most Country's including Australia Make it an offense to publish anyone's picture without a formal release being signed by the person in the picture, or if a Minor,signed by a Parent or guardian.Be it print or electronic media. IE. T.V. video, and includes web sites. A letter from your Solicitor should scare him enough to remove it.

This is why you may see faces blurred on news, Current affairs & other programs where the person has not consented or the Producers were unable to locate the person after filming.

General Photos for personal albums such as family pics at a park or at the beach where others maybe in the back ground are fine,as they are not intended for publication.If however you wish to put the picture of Face Book or similar site and the people in the background are clearly visible,Then they will need to be blurred.

Edited by mountainmaniac