The Corroboree
blip

Thompson's One-A-Day Kava Tablets

You australians are lucky to be not too far from the Pacific islands... :drool2:

It is still vaguely kava orientated,but yeah,lol. The fiji dollar is usually the same as newzealand $ give or take a few cents. Fijians themselves only make on average $2 a day. Beware of the indians on the main islands who you will recognise as their hair is straight and shiny compared to native indiginous fijians who have frizzy hair and are more genuine. Most rip offs occur on the main islands by indian fijians ,they will follow you round trying to sell you good fiji weed,lol... is nice weed though. The good thing about the indian culture is the food bloody awesome curries! But try and get out of the main cities to a resort or even better to a smaller island. . Singatoka has a cool backpackers on the beach.....Last time i went i boated over to Yanuca island near Beqa that was cool.Taveuni is cool too..Make sure you buy the kava root, as pre crushed kava is weak. There should be a kavaholic who will help you out at most backpackers or resorts to smash it down and help you drink it .Mate and its cheap from the eastcoast maybe 300 bucks return. Hope you go and have a good one. Bula

Any potential bad effects from combining these kava pills (60mg kavalactones) with ephedra?

Kava can mess with cytochrome P450 and so can ephedrine, probably best to not mix compounds which do that.

Why would you want to combine them anyway?

The ephedra to keep food cravings down and for boost of energy.

But thanks for the headsup :) I'll double check now anyway, but P450 is the one involved with codeine isnt it?

Edited by FancyPants

The six main P450 enzymes (there are almost 50) are involved in the metabolism of many compounds, and also many compounds (grapefruit juice for example inhibits P450: 3A4, 1A2) can inhibit the P450 cytochrome complex.

I am not trying to put your suggestion down or anything, it just seems weird to me to combine naturally potent sedatives and stimulants with the goal of counteracting the effects of the sedative? I mean, food cravings is usual sign of dopamine activity and when I drink kava want the energy levels to slowwww downnnn definitely not needing a "boost"? I guess it has some appeal from the "speedball" perspective if that's your thing?

Edited by apothecary

While I agree that in general it's not a good idea to confuse your body so much giving it mixed signals... I wouldn't exactly directly compare it to speedballing with the smallish amounts I'd use. Definitely fair point though.

Any potential bad effects from combining these kava pills (60mg kavalactones) with ephedra?

nice idea, fp!

at this post i wanted to explore the usefullnes of combinding an snri with uppers.

i guess mixing kava with ephedra or coca could produce amazing results, but aswell it could prove to be a potential dangerous mixture.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=21109

Edited by planthelper

Totally forgot about that ph, thanks for linking...kavalactones supposed to have an SNRI effect...mixing SNRI with ephedra is that good or bad I don't know?

Reductions in norepinephrine clearance from SNRIs usually result in a decrease in sympathetic outflow rather than an increase - paradoxical as it may seem.