The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Spoons

Man Eats Laetiporus gilbertsonii (Sulfur Shelf), Blogs about it

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000700.php

He's a terrorist to his own gastrointestinal tract. Meet Steve, the man who will eat almost anything.

I walked outside today to discover this monstrosity growing on the tree in front of our house. My wife says it's a fungus. God, Vassar girls kill me. She thinks she's so smart.

Clearly the tree is growing its own brain because it wants to communicate with me.

I don't believe the brain is fully functional yet because I asked the tree what it needed to tell me and it said nothing. I think it might still be learning our language from the radios of cars as they drive by. (And maybe a little Spanish from the gardener.)

You can click on the picture for a much better view of it. I put a quarter next to it for size reference.

On the off chance that my wife is right and it is a mushroom, then I think I just figured out the next episode of Steve, Don't Eat It!

But if I'm right, then soon the tree will gain the gift of speech and we will converse. It will share with me, the years and years of wisdom it has gained as a silent, stoic observer. I believe the tree will also pass along its message that we must care for our precious planet and its resources, as I gain a newfound understanding of the universe, and our place in it.

It is only after this, that I will then hack off its delicate brain and devour it for the next episode of "Steve, Don't Eat It."

brain_lg.jpg

Edited by The Spoons

Far out....

It does kinda look like a brain?

"Hello... Mr.Tree? Can you hear me?"

Well, at least he's trying. Don't have a brain, try and eat one...

Well, at least he's trying. Don't have a brain, try and eat one...

Bahahahah nice one.... :P

"I don't believe the brain is fully functional yet because I asked the tree what it needed to tell me and it said nothing. I think it might still be learning our language from the radios of cars as they drive by. (And maybe a little Spanish from the gardener.)"

LOL good one.

Oh My God, That was soooo goood, i real pleasure in reading this story. Thanks for the share. !

Arieon