The Corroboree
swarb

[Sydney] The War on the War on Drugs Film Screening tomorrow

Hey guys,

I thought people in sydney might be interested in this:

Friday 19th June

The War on the War on Drugs

This film is the first feature to take targeted aim at the U.S. government's ineffectual and costly anti-drug campaign. In a series of 60 humorous vignettes, director Cevin Soling uses a variety of cinematic styles to parody the governments drug war propaganda and those insistent upon enforcing it. The film exposes the twisted logic and obvious lies at the core of the Bush administrations obscenely expensive anti-drug efforts. Ironically, Solings exhaustive research reveals the potential benefits of illicit drug use. The film embraces popular American media and culture in parodying the drug war propaganda.

Location Mu-Meson Archives

Time Doors 7.30 for 8pm start

Cost $10 with supper

http://www.mumeson.org/

I havent seen this film, but mu-meson is an awesome little underground cinema in annandale. They have zany docos and weird films on all the time. I'm almost certainly going tomorrow night and would be really happy to meet up with anyone else interested.

Hey guys,

I thought people in sydney might be interested in this:

Friday 19th June

The War on the War on Drugs

This film is the first feature to take targeted aim at the U.S. government's ineffectual and costly anti-drug campaign. In a series of 60 humorous vignettes, director Cevin Soling uses a variety of cinematic styles to parody the governments drug war propaganda and those insistent upon enforcing it. The film exposes the twisted logic and obvious lies at the core of the Bush administrations obscenely expensive anti-drug efforts. Ironically, Solings exhaustive research reveals the potential benefits of illicit drug use. The film embraces popular American media and culture in parodying the drug war propaganda.

Location Mu-Meson Archives

Time Doors 7.30 for 8pm start

Cost $10 with supper

http://www.mumeson.org/

I havent seen this film, but mu-meson is an awesome little underground cinema in annandale. They have zany docos and weird films on all the time. I'm almost certainly going tomorrow night and would be really happy to meet up with anyone else interested.

Dam I would love to see this especially with all the like minded people who would be there .....curse my stupid unreliable car thats pretty much whats stoppin me let me know how it is man

Thanks.

I will have a keen eye out for screenings in Melbourne.

damn, i missed it. any good?

i've been to mu-meson showings before, they hold really interesting nights on underground/counter culture topics