The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pando

Curious about online purchasing...?

Hi all, I'm interested in your thoughts on certain online distributors and whether any of you have used them?

One in particular is Shayana shop. I believe they're based in the UK.

I do understand the legalities between countries do differ. Just wondering if any have had luck with obtaining specimens from overseas for research over her in OZ.

Cheers,

Pando.

Hi all, I'm interested in your thoughts on certain online distributors and whether any of you have used them?

One in particular is Shayana shop. I believe they're based in the UK.

I do understand the legalities between countries do differ. Just wondering if any have had luck with obtaining specimens from overseas for research over her in OZ.

Cheers,

Pando.

If its not legal ultimately you have a chance of anything from it arriving safely to Special operations police rolling through your door ( although more likely a just a nasty letter or fine ). I wouldn't suggest it although i know of people who have done it successfully , I would suggest you stick to very small quanities of whatever you order if you are still intent on ordering something large quanities are definitely looked on far less kindly

If its not legal ultimately you have a chance of anything from it arriving safely to Special operations police rolling through your door ( although more likely a just a nasty letter or fine ). I wouldn't suggest it although i know of people who have done it successfully , I would suggest you stick to very small quanities of whatever you order if you are still intent on ordering something large quanities are definitely looked on far less kindly

Pretty much answers my questions.

Does anyone know the exact status of Lophophora williamsii here in Australia?

Pretty much answers my questions.

Does anyone know the exact status of Lophophora williamsii here in Australia?

No probs to grow except for QLD I believe where it is illegal.

Try not to get yourself into trouble importing plant material...there are many members here who will gladly help you out with plants and seeds...offer up what you are looking for and people will post and help if they can..failing that you can always jump in and grab some free stuff in the free trades thread in the seed and plant exchange forum.

H.

Welcome to the corroboree pando.

There is lots of information re: lophophora Williamsii here. Try using the search tab up the top on the left... using the word loph.

I believe that Loph's are a wonderful cactus to grow, just don't attempt to eat one or you could land yourself in troubled waters.

Also illegal in the ACT. :angry:

Also illegal in the ACT. :angry:

sorry to hear that madhouse...that does suck...I didn't know that.

H.

Cheers Hunab Ku and meanies.

My interest is fungi but also have an interest in cacti. I'll search around the site.

My missus loves plants, especially cacti and Lophophora williamsii have such beautiful flowers. I'm sure she would be stoked if I could obtain one.

I'll stay away from ordering anything into the country. Looks like most things can be found right here in OZ if you know where to look.

Cheers fellas,

P.

Edited by Pando