The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

PMA in cairns

Its a bit old now but in the end he plead guilty.

http://www.abc.net.a...g-drugs/2665002

"Man convicted of manufacturing drugs

Kirsty Nancarrow

Posted March 08, 2011 17:20:00

The first person in Queensland to be prosecuted for making the drug known as "death" has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Ross John Jorgensen, 43, pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court in Cairns to producing the drug PMA and to possessing chemicals, equipment and instructions on how to make the drug.

The court heard police found the lab and several books on how to make amphetamines at Jorgensen's Cairns home in September 2008.

No traces of the drug were found.

He told police he had previously used the equipment to extract essential oils from flowers to help two old ladies.

Jorgensen's lawyer said his client had been trying to produce a drug to treat his insomnia but failed in his attempt.

He described him as a "private, sad, eccentric" man, who was a computer geek and a hobby chemist.

Jorgensen was convicted and sentenced to two years in jail, suspended from today."

Theres a bit more info here, if anyone has access?

http://www.oppapers....t-Report/635310

A cure for insomnia...

Edited by shruman

Well if they decriminalized the safer substances clandestine folk wouldn't have to take tedious routes to attempt to synthesis the more toxic substances like PMA ..

personally, if some PMA landed in my lap I'd be more than happy to try it. 4methyl-methamphetamine sounds like it has a perfect balance of seretonin, dopamine and NA releasing actions. PMA is probably a very good medicine in low doses, I bet.

PMA does almost nothing at low doses. That's the big danger with it as people tend to double dose. This combined with its neurotoxicity makes it a nasty substance. I can see how some people would like the effect, but for most it is far inferior to mdma. I once had a very large dose of PMA and it was one of the most euphoric experiences I've ever had [for 12 hours !], but the come down lasted 24 hours and was the most paranoid [bordering schizophrenic] I've ever had. This was before I knew how dangerous it was and how close to death I had probably come. Utterly boring at low doses. If I only had a day to live and was given a choice of last drug I might pick this one, but other than that I wouldn't touch it again.

The N-methyl version is even more insidious. I once kept dosing this because it just wasn't coming on properly. You know that annoying feeling when you know you're just about to roll, but not quite there yet? It kept doing that for 3 hours. After the 4th re-dose I started having difficulty to breathe. My lungs would simply stop as if there was no impulse to breathe. Eventually I'd go dizzy and would remember I had to take a breath. Daniel sat with me for 6 hours making sure I'd breathe every now and then or at least when my lips turned blue. There was almost no other effect. I know some people like PMMA mixed with PMA and I suppose the PMMA might make the PMA a bit more smooth, but all in all these are shitty and dangerous drugs. Other than the fact that the precursors are cheap and readily available and the method is 1st year uni chem, these drugs would probably never be on the market. Another example of how prohibition endangers lives.

• Like 1