The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tyler83durden

Melbournes Yeild....If any so far?

It appears to me that Melbourne's season so far has been rather dissappointing if any has anyone had much luck?

The soil appears dry and un-fruitful maybe I am looking in all the wrong places? or maybe it is still not time?

The need for that old fimiliar taste is nhy! ne hints people

Certainly is dry up this way but it seems to have had little impact on yields in my favourite haunts. The tiny amount of rain we got weeks back was enough to get things into full swing in alot of places, of course some more rain would be good to keep things going.

Its wheelbarrow time :)

Certainly is dry up this way but it seems to have had little impact on yields in my favourite haunts. The tiny amount of rain we got weeks back was enough to get things into full swing in alot of places, of course some more rain would be good to keep things going.

Its wheelbarrow time :)

LOL at wheelbarrow...thats a lotta of fruits brutha....you know I want you guys opinion on this...I'm of the opinion that rain is not necessary for sub fruiting ..if the temps get cold enough and there is enough dew and frost it seems that is all that is required for fruiting...recently went hunting with no rain weeks before and they where everywhere but the mornings where very wet and damp from the icy ground and heavy dew and frosts....what do you think... rain is not necessary or rain just encourages more of them to fruit....it would be interesting if it didn't rain all season and fruits where still found....

LOL at wheel barrow again...you funny fucker pass... :lol:

H.

doesn't really matter as far as I can see, rain is water, condensation is water, both reach the ground over time and both allow and or create microclimate at that level of soil to top of vegetation layer, top of grass blade, oxalis, clover etc. Gas levels, humidity, soil and air temp played with via the rise and fall of the sun, it's all there :)

yeah that's what I'm thinking...so all these people praying for rain so they can go hunting should just look at the temps and note to see if there is frost forecast for the area they want to look in...as there may have all ready been fruits come and go...seems to me they start fruiting when dew and frosts arrive which indicates temps around 4 degrees or lower..just something I'm noticing is all...I'm a dumb fucker and usually learn from experience a lot faster than any book or course...I Have serious trouble retaining information from reading but I never ever forget what I learn from actually seeing and doing...is that some kind of mental disorder or what....with me its hands on and take notice of every small detail to piece together whats happening.

H.

I'm of the opinion that rain is not necessary for sub fruiting ..if the temps get cold enough and there is enough dew and frost it seems that is all that is required for fruiting

I think you might be onto something. Still yet to find subs (always waiting for rain which is a rare occurance in these parts), but there is certainly plenty of random mushrooms popping up anywhere and everywhere. Seen a couple small flies, but nothing else active-wise. I'll have to get hunting in case cool temps are in fact a key player in sub fruiting.

dumb?

what's the point of giving a plant textbook to an indian who grew up in the forest?

dumb?

what's the point of giving a plant textbook to an indian who grew up in the forest?

LOL...yeah touche`..thanks for that.

Substrate moisture/nutrient levels,temperature, and humidity are the main controlling factors, with rH being the most variable.

Rain = high rH, hence the connection between mushies and rain. They don't need rain per se, just high humidity levels.

ed