The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tyler83durden

Papaver somniferum identification

Recently planted many a Papaver somniferum seeds in 2 seperate pots with soil straight out of my garden but am not sure if they are weeds from the soil or actual poppies begginning to grow can anyone tell me a way of Identification from when they are so small (about half the size of little finger).

Thank you all.

On the raod again as always. N.Cassady

let em grow and see. hard to describe at juvinile stage. maybee search for images .oh yeah i forgot to mention, growing these guys is (very) illegal.

I found this pic on some forum.. cant remember the name...

Hope it helps..

Also. There is a Plant identification Sub forum... this post should be there (I think...) Made the same mistake myself before! :P

And yeah.. very illegal!

post-5455-1242819390_thumb.jpg

Edited by sethomopod

the first 2 leaves are very very slim and skinny ...they are very delicate at this point and there root system is appallingly weak you can't move or transplant them at all unless you have seriously steady hands and some surgical tools..once they get a big bigger the leaves look like cabbage and then they take off...most of the ones you want have the red flower.

H.

let em grow and see. hard to describe at juvinile stage. maybee search for images .oh yeah i forgot to mention, growing these guys is (very) illegal.

ok thanks but thought it was legal to grow just illegal to extract?

I found this pic on some forum.. cant remember the name...

Hope it helps..

Also. There is a Plant identification Sub forum... this post should be there (I think...) Made the same mistake myself before! :P

And yeah.. very illegal!

thanks mate will looks similar will take a pic for you all soon.

damn straight illegal to grow.

It's no big deal to grow a few poppies as far as I know. To make 'O' I believe you'd need dozens of big plants.

They look like two little round leaves at first, then they start looking like long lettuce leaves coming off a thin stem that grows to about knee high with beautiful flowers containing pods in the center. I hear they don't do well in pots or in doors, and transplanting is very difficult. Full, full sun.

damn straight illegal to grow, as has been said!

and damm straight against forum rules to post (self) incriminating posts.

anyway, i pondered for quite a while what to do with this thread,

and i don't want to close it, but aswell i get tierd of saying don't selfincriminate and don't promote illegal things.

the right thing would be, for all the people in this thread who posted in a style which is against forum rules to change the wording of your posts., but i guess this will not happen, and neither will i re writte your posts so they are acceptable.

i know that poppies can be grown very well in pot's,

and i know they can be tricky to transplant, but it's not impossible to transplant them.

oh yeah and unless your opium tolerance is high, a single, big and healthy poppy plant can produce enough raw opium for a single experimental dose.

Edited by planthelper

damn straight illegal to grow, as has been said!

and damm straight against forum rules to post (self) incriminating posts.

anyway, i pondered for quite a while what to do with this thread,

and i don't want to close it, but aswell i get tierd of saying don't selfincriminate and don't promote illegal things.

the right thing would be, for all the people in this thread who posted in a style which is against forum rules to change the wording of your posts., but i guess this will not happen, and neither will i re writte your posts so they are acceptable.

i know that poppies can be grown very well in pot's,

and i know they can be tricky to transplant, but it's not impossible to transplant them.

oh yeah and unless your opium tolerance is high, a single, big and healthy poppy plant can produce enough raw opium for a single experimental dose.

Alright sorry bout that planthelper again didnt realise they were illegal to grow only to extract thy yeild. I guess my pop doesnt know this either as his garden is rife with poppies. Anyway thank for your input and will watch my woirding next time.

Cheers

To make 'O' I believe you'd need dozens of big plants.

False!

also a very potent tea can be made with just a few pods and stems