The Corroboree
Humanmolecule

Ideas on study pathways?

Hey all.. I love plants, i love looking at them, working with them, remembering their names, the differences between em, where they from what they used for, their quirks etc. etc.etc. I have a pretty decent head on my shoulders and feel like my mind is wasting away having done nothing much but doof and smoke stupid amounts of pot since i finished year 12 a few years back. What i'm lookin for is a career in plants, ideally those of environmental and spiritual importance, but i have no fuckin idea where to start. Something which would involve getting the old knowledge into me then out there into the world, I don't really want to do a BaSc in botany or something too cold and clinical, an i really want to learn shitloads more about the plants from this land. If you guys have any ideas on cool courses i could do, or even an idea in where to start looking for a degree in entheogenics :) any 2 cents would be a great help. I'm starting to get trapped in frustration land..

I started an environmental science degree in wa but it wasnt really my thing so changed to chem, but anyway give enviro science a shot its pretty cool with heaps and heaps of field work and a grounding in the chemistry that occurs in the plants

Yeah environmental science is a great place to place to start I did a 2 year course of it in the UK many years ago...lots of field trips identifying lychens and fungus and learning about genetics etc....with cool people etc...you could look at doing horticulture at Tafe...I've been considering doing that for a while as I need to get back to work at some point but yeah enviro science is a cool place to start.

H.