The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlyPlanter

$43 Billion missed opportunity?

It seems so stupid and irresponsible to spend this kinda money on bloody broadband when we could be investing in renewables and creating green jobs etc. I guess the Rudd Gov needs to sell that coal to get us out of the econimic crisis, but what's the use of fixing the economy if we fukk the climate?

Who asked for this kind of big spend anyway, they are just ignoring what we really want.

So narrow minded IMO :angry:

yeh rudd scares the shit outa me.... seriously think hes tryin to send our country broke.... fukin pumped up grog prices and then lost all the tax paid..... now im a nerd by nature and would love better internet but like u say, is it really needed??? i guess it will create more jobs and such but is it really the right time to be taking on such high debts if the worlds finance is fucked??? and as for the climate... yep its defently gone south, u just have to look at the crazy weather we've had in past years.... then his grand idea to steal the water from the farmers in my area for melb(which most of the dam melboarnons will probly just hose down their drive ways) and not be able to guaranty the poor farmers water rights at all...... what the hell is he thinking??? farming and orchards are the back bone of australia.. if we lose that well we're fucked really.... my area is defently going to fell it.

hehe tho i reckon be good if alot of the farmers give up on the oranges and cows and just get some mad weed crops goin hehe more money for less water, makes sense to me haha.

just my 2cents.

cheers