The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Micromegas

Distance eduction

Hey guys, does anyone here know of (or even completed) any distance eduction courses relating to the environment, in particular botany and plant science, but even land management etc., or any university that might offer such courses on the HECS system?

I live in SA, I have a Bachelor of Arts and postgrad Diploma of Biodiversity. My educational results are excellent so far and i'm slowly beginning to understand science! I just started a two year grad program working in an environmental field, and I'm beginning to think i might like to do some more study, slowly, while i work. Coz knowing the science really gives you an edge professionally and it seems there's more power in knowing the science than bumping around in environmental politics.

However, I am going to be moving around quite a bit and living in remote areas so I need the course to be online but still good quality. I'm really interested in learning about plants, australian in particular but also international.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated. Something starting in the next semester would be ideal.

Cheers,

Micro

www.open.edu.au for all your distance education needs.

The list of degrees doesn't look impressive, but make sure you check out the actual full unit list because there is good stuff in there!

Edited by apothecary

Thanks man, but you're right that list doesn't look impressive! Esp. re: envrionment.

The search goes on.

Thought I told you to check out the actual unit list? :P

I see some units that fit your criteria well,

SCB100, SCB110, SCB120, SCB150, SCB230, SCB300, SCB302, SCB304, SCI100, ENV100, ENV310,

all look good, that's probably half a degree right there.

I used to study a BappSci - Food Science at Charles Sturt Uni, I'm sure they would have something to keep you busy - http://www.csu.edu.au/courses/environmental-science/

It was a good course but keep in mind you will post likely have to travel to wagga twice a year for on campus school. this can get a bit expensive with the mass consumption everynight.

http://www.csu.edu.au/courses/environmental-science/

Thanks. Yeah apo I did miss those, and they look good. After a bit of thought tho I'm looking for the other half of a masters degree and the best courses all seem to be undergraduate at that uni.

CSU have a couple of good ones I will check out. Might try and twist the arm of my uni here in SA to see if I can study externally with them.

Thanks again!