The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

A 1 in 101 occurance of mutagenesis?

Of the 101 bridgesii plants I have growing I think I got one monstrose :D

Its currently got two primary growing spots and areoles besides those seem randomly placed.

Anyone seen similar? And did they turn out monstrose or just branch?

I'm really hoping for the bridgesii equivalent of the common Cereus peruvianus f. monstrose :drool2: That'd be so farking awesome, man.

post-146-1238629314_thumb.jpg

E._lagen._100A_1_April_09.JPG

E._lagen._100A_1_April_09.JPG

Hi Auxin! That seedling looks very promising! But its still too early to tell! I cant wait to see more pics in the future! Please keep us updated about your dwarf! :wink: bye Eg

I had one lil tricho seedling that looked similar Auxin. It looked exactly like a miniture TBM, had 3 segments, got to around 30mm tall and then died due to neglect :S. I had potted it on and was going to give it all the love it needed to thrive and then simply forgot to water it during a heatwave. The bottom segment shrivelled to nothing and that was that.

Look after that one!!!

Looks promising! I've had small bumps on very young seedlings that looked like they could turn into something revert back to normal growth eventually but nothing as extreme as that.

I've got my fingers crossed for you. I've got that special feeling that your going to have some nice ones popping up. Time to make a trip down to the Dam in the morning for some coffee, but I'll be thinking of this pup and keeping those fingers crossed for you.

Thanks all :)

I'll defiantly update in the future when she puts on some growth