The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
obtuse

Rare Bone Taino Cohoba Blower on ebay

Just thought some members here may find this interesting:

Rare Bone Taino Cohoba Blower

Interesting to find something like this on ebay, but i guess they turn up now and then. But at $US600, you'd have to be a keen collector, my pockets aint that deep.

cheers.

Edited by obtuse

man ! i would love to collect that kinda stuff, but yeh my finances wouldnt allow it. :(

You can never tell if stuff like that is real though... i know a guy who melts lead into balls and sells them on e-bay as "official civil-war era cannonball" complete with fancy looking certificates... he's so prolific and successful at it that REAL archaeologists now come to him for certification on cannonballs they've found.

hahah thats funny stuff UG, exactly what I thought though, not hard to print of a certificate and sign it with bogus names. Or give a real authenticator some bucks to sign it up for you.

Peace

You can never tell if stuff like that is real though... i know a guy who melts lead into balls and sells them on e-bay as "official civil-war era cannonball" complete with fancy looking certificates... he's so prolific and successful at it that REAL archaeologists now come to him for certification on cannonballs they've found.

ROFL !!!