The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sharxx101

Trichocereus bridgesii MONSTROSE - Spineless Form

Does anyone in Australia have a spinless form of TBM or is this seller just pulling my leg. :huh:

Link? There are certainly a few different TBM forms, one of which can be a good foot long (or more) with no spines.

In Aus, there is the predominant TBM clone - the small clumping one (which, from memory, is known as the 'clone b' in the US), and supposedly one or two people have managed to get a cutting of the longer American/European clone into Aus, but this has certainly not yet done the rounds. (fingers crossed for it to be in the near future!)

There are claims that there are more than two TBM clones, and I think Trouts Notes might mention them. Hit the SE for more info on the other clones (hint, try searching for 'Hulk's Dick').

If this is an international seller, odds are you wont be able to get it into the country, so I wouldnt bother with persuing it unless you fancy a letter from customs/quarantine.

Link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Trichocereus-bridge...p3286.m63.l1177

I was just wondering if it is here I have never seen a spinless from and this is the first time I have heard that there is more then 2 different clones. Thanks for the info Ace I will hit the search engine.

If anyone does some different TBM's I am always willing to trade!

Edited by sharxx101

Yeah that looks like the US 'clone a' (I think I have them around the right way). AFAIK, it has made it here, but as to when/if it will become available in the same way as our common TBM, who knows. I'd certainly like to aquire a cutting, even if just for the fact that it is so rare still. If any more of this one makes it over here, I encourage people to propagate the hell out of them and mass distribute to ensure it's survival in Oz.

I think there is Clone A (US tall clone 'Penis Plant'), Clone B (Aussie clumping clone 'Clumping TBM') and Clone C (cant remember what this one's characteristics were). No doubt there'll be more over time with so many people now growing from seed. Who knows if future freaks will be anywhere near as phallic as these or if they'll be more like the melted wax clones.

Gotta love the freaks :) As I mentioned, definately check the older threads here and I know there's plenty of info at the nook about the various clones too.

Yeah that looks like the US 'clone a' (I think I have them around the right way). AFAIK, it has made it here, but as to when/if it will become available in the same way as our common TBM, who knows. I'd certainly like to aquire a cutting, even if just for the fact that it is so rare still. If any more of this one makes it over here, I encourage people to propagate the hell out of them and mass distribute to ensure it's survival in Oz.

I think there is Clone A (US tall clone 'Penis Plant'), Clone B (Aussie clumping clone 'Clumping TBM') and Clone C (cant remember what this one's characteristics were). No doubt there'll be more over time with so many people now growing from seed. Who knows if future freaks will be anywhere near as phallic as these or if they'll be more like the melted wax clones.

Gotta love the freaks :) As I mentioned, definately check the older threads here and I know there's plenty of info at the nook about the various clones too.

Thanks Ace! It sucks that we dont have as many crests and monstrose's as the US in time there will be many but atm there seems to be very little and what people do have they wont trade or sell. Sometimes these plants are priceless to the collector.

If anyone in oz has some different TBM clones please PM me!

Thanks Ace! It sucks that we dont have as many crests and monstrose's as the US in time there will be many but atm there seems to be very little and what people do have they wont trade or sell. Sometimes these plants are priceless to the collector.

If anyone in oz has some different TBM clones please PM me!

Think i saw something similar at herbalistics recently sites down so I can't check GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR