The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

Cheech and Chong To Tour Australia

Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong are coming down under. The “dopiest” comedians of the 70s and 80s will make Australia a part of their reunion tour.

Cheech and Chong epitomized the drug induced 70s with a series of comedy albums and films that are now cult classics.

Their characters like Sister Mary Elephant and Basketball Jones where known by any teenage kid from the 70s who had even walked past a joint.

After they broke up in the 80s they went their separate ways. Well, Tommy went to jail for starters. Cheech however became somewhat of a mainstream actor. He is seen most recently starring in Judging Amy. (He plays Ignacio Messina and becomes the love interest of Maxine Gray (Tyne Daly, who was also Lacey in Cagney & Lacey).

After decades apart, Cheech & Chong first got back together to play themselves in an episode of South Park. They had planned the reunion tour back in 2003, but Tommy was busted (for drugs of course) and went to jail.

They will light up Australia on:

April 15, Sydney, Enmore

April 17, Melbourne, Palais

April 24, Adelaide, Festival Theatre

April 26, Perth, Perth Convention

April 30, Brisbane, Performing Arts Centre

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7461

PLEASE BOYCOTT THESE SHOWS THESE MONEY HUNGRY PRICKS WANTED $90,000 TO APPEAR AT MARDIGRASS SHEER FUCKING GREED THIS IS

BOYCOTT CHEECH AND CHONG

I wouldnt even go to the mardigrass if you paid me $200,000 so i dont blame them for not going.

Dont Boycott it would be a one and only time to see these guys

PLEASE BOYCOTT THESE SHOWS THESE MONEY HUNGRY PRICKS WANTED $90,000 TO APPEAR AT MARDIGRASS SHEER FUCKING GREED THIS IS

BOYCOTT CHEECH AND CHONG

My point would be the mardigrass organisers have done far more in the way of campaiging for sensible drug reform then these old fucks have ever done if anything there stupid fucking movies make drug users look like complete fucking morons Tommy Chong has done a lot in the US but I think Cheech has been too busy byuilding his television carreer to give a fuck about the cause but seriously what the hell has tommy chong ever done for the cause in our country I say give your support to those who are willing to give something back not those that just want to fill their own pockets

Edited by neoshaman

I am curious how they got visas? Surely with a recent drug conviction that would have sent up flags. And I have seen much less questionable people being rejected on the basis of being undesirable.

If you want to go and see them then maybe wait till they are in the country before forking out for tix.