The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ayjay101

Slumdog Millionaire

Hi All,

Just wanted to recmmend a great movie I saw over the weekend - Slumdog Millionaire. Totally nothing related to ethno, but it is an amazing journey and fullfilling 2 hours. Had a lump in my throat for most of it for many different reasons. Laughed, cried, cringed, was humbled, got angry, cheered etc it has it all.

I wont spill the details on the plot in case you don't like spoilers, but it is a decent lovestory interwoven through an amazing life in abject poverty in India. It's based on the book Q&A, and is 2 hours long but you don't notice as it's so engrossing. No major western actors, really nicely shot, nice soundtrack, honest balls and all footage of India and it's poeple/culture and the westernisation of it.

As molly would say, 'Do yourself a favour'

Cheers Dudes

Hi ayjay, been wanting to see this one for a while.

I've been a fan of Danny Boyle for ages.

Is it out on dvd yet or did you see it at the cinema?

ive been meaning to check this out. everyone i know who has seen it has had good things to say. the book is a great read

Hi ayjay, been wanting to see this one for a while.

I've been a fan of Danny Boyle for ages.

Is it out on dvd yet or did you see it at the cinema?

I saw it at the cinema, its still fairly fresh here (in Aus). It's showing at the major cinemas, though it's a Dendy film with a bit of an indy feel.

Danny Boyle makes more than his fair share of Gold hey.

great film! was just thinking about it the other day.

there's bootlegs of it available online somewhere for those inclined. good quality too.

Yeah watched it last night. It wouldn't call it great, but definitely a solid film. I liked the earlier scenes when Jamal & Salim were youngsters, got a bit grating towards the end though. 7/10

Reminiscent of "City of God", a Brazillian movie that came out a couple of years ago. Now that is a 10/10 movie!

City of God is indeed a 10/10 movie! I love it.

Slumdog millionaire is also very decent. Defiantly worth seeing. Danny Boyle is a very versatile director(28 days later, sunshine, trainspotting) I really enjoy his work and this was no exception.

i watched it the other day, imo it was a very average movie, could have been better, it doesn't do it justice as to the book. certainly not award material.

as said before city of god was a way much better movie