The Corroboree
mac

prints for for Microscopy ONLY

hi im new to the forum i am after some spore prints for Microscopy ONLY !!

i am willing to trade seed from my local area Acacia, Datura, M glory etc ....

thanks

Free Spore Ring

Hi mate, I can't help you out with a print, but if you have trouble tracking one down, try the above link.

I don't think its a good idea to import any spore prints from overseas...best to hang around the free trades thread here at SAB.

H.

thanks i may have found some samples to study so that's ok, ill be around for sometime so am not in a hurry

i am also interested in some edibles , can anyone suggest some of the better tasting species ? as most supermarket variety seem to lack flavor compared to the ones we used to harvest fresh when i was a kid

i also have a few questions on the (cardboard box type) mushroom farms, Q do they just throw a colonized cake into the box before sale? or do they inoculate the box & let it run a natural course ? & last what growing medium do they use in the box as they state it will fruit until the nutrients are used up .

can you add a organic worm castings , coffee tea leaves ? etc to prolong the fruiting of edibles in commercial style mushroom farms

cheers mac

Edited by mac

thanks i may have found some samples to study so that's ok, ill be around for sometime so am not in a hurry

i am also interested in some edibles , can anyone suggest some of the better tasting species ? as most supermarket variety seem to lack flavor compared to the ones we used to harvest fresh when i was a kid

i also have a few questions on the (cardboard box type) mushroom farms, Q do they just throw a colonized cake into the box before sale? or do they inoculate the box & let it run a natural course ? & last what growing medium do they use in the box as they state it will fruit until the nutrients are used up .

can you add a organic worm castings , coffee tea leaves ? etc to prolong the fruiting of edibles in commercial style mushroom farms

cheers mac

yeah i got myself a cardboard button farm.. it comes with a bag of colonized peat and a bag of compost... then ya put the compost on top of the peat... seel it up and wait till grey fuzz apears then open up and should fruit in a few days!!! somethin like that anyway!

yeah i got myself a cardboard button farm.. it comes with a bag of colonized peat and a bag of compost... then ya put the compost on top of the peat... seel it up and wait till grey fuzz apears then open up and should fruit in a few days!!! somethin like that anyway!

thanks for the info i may have to grab one myself & attempt a few noob inoculations to jars with some button or Swiss browns mixed box

i remember my dad & nan always had good harvests from the good old mushroom farm, its just the flavor is not that of wild edibles so is there anything you could add to help this with commercial shroom farms to get more earthy flavor ?

i have access to a autoclave to sterilize etc so that side should be covered & im sure this would be the best way to start off as a novice grower ?

Edited by mac

edit: conducted further research, thanks.

Edited by Listo

Why isn't it a good idea to import?

some ppls get charged with microscopes in hand

amanita pantherina

or

amanita muscarina would be nice,

as muscarina are too expensive atm and pantherina dont grow near me and are never sold 'legally'.

I can also trade or pay just pm (no one will, these are rare to grow i kno)

Edited by ref1ect1ons

some ppls get charged with microscopes in hand

Thanks.

Edited by Listo

Well I've tried to research and search the forums as much as possible (here and other places) and it seems like a lot of people are recommending fsre. I haven't found anything discussing the legality that contained what looked like definitive info. Given that the forum is against discussing illegal stuff, I inferred that importing spore prints was legal. Is there a definitive answer?

just do it , looks like a standard flat envelope, only problem is finding a euro coin...anyone know where to get euro coins?

None of the foreign currency exchanges places deal with coins -- notes only. Try a coin/bank note dealer (the collector kind). You might get lucky.

Edited by Listo

Euro coins

U can go to a currency exchange place can't u, I saw a small hut in brizzo with currency exchange, could they also convert aus to whatever.

I imported a print into Australia fine and i've heard many people say the same thing.

If you're really desperate to get involved with some microscopy work I have a few sterile samples left over that I don't mind parting with.

PM me your addy and i'll send one over :)