The Corroboree
blip

HBWR seedling ready to climb.. arghh need advice!

Edited by lsdreamz

Why don't you get your some self some lattice from Bunnings and let it climb up that..fix the lattice to wall, for aesthetics choose a lattice that suits the colour and away you go.

H.

Hard to tell by the pic but I'm under the impression you've got them in pots. Put them in the ground if you can they like plenty of root space. I grew them in pots due to my renting situations and this definitely stunted them. In two years + I did not see any seed pods or flowers. Still a nice looking vine to have in the garden though.

Could be either HBWR, M.Glory or Rivea Corymbiosa. (sp?)

Did you have all 3 of these in the collection of seeds your planted?

I have never started HBWR from seed but the leaves look a bit on the thin side for HBWR, so Im leaning more toward the latter 2.

My HBWR doesn't seed, it flowers, just never seeds. It's in the garden, rather than a pot. I don't use any fertiliser and don't' water it, as I thought I recalled ssomething about morning glory and HBWR being less likely to seed in comination . Is this a common problem, and is there a common antidote. It gets plenty of sun, looks healthy enough, just no seeds.

I read that unless these plants are far enough North they will grow but not flower to seed...like from Lismore and North they flower and anything South of that they don't tend to seed.

H.

Could be either HBWR, M.Glory or Rivea Corymbiosa. (sp?)

Looks like Rivea corymbiosa to me. HBWR leaves will have furry undersides, and Ipomeas IME just start to climb straight away.

Rivea will climb on it's own ( that's what vines do :P ), vines tend to go for the highest rail so if you want it to cover the whole area you will have to encourage it to grow where you want it. Just wait till it grows a bit then unwind it and put it where it should be.

Edited by salem13

Edited by lsdreamz