The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
intense_cutn

two logging in questions

i use two computers, and it seems every time i go from one computer to another, i have to log back in again, even after checking the 'remember me' box on both computers.

i never have to do this for any other forum, or any other site that i can check the 'remember me' box.

also, on the main page, it has the username and password boxes. Also, there is a link to a login page. The only difference being the login page has the 'remember me' box, and the main page doesn't.

Why not just put the 'remember me' box on the main page, and scrap the login page? or at least just put the 'remember me' box on the main page?

anyway, that's my whining for today, i hope you can help.

i use two computers, and it seems every time i go from one computer to another, i have to log back in again, even after checking the 'remember me' box on both computers.

i never have to do this for any other forum, or any other site that i can check the 'remember me' box.

this forum uses sessions and eachs ession has to be unique and you can only have one session per user at any one time. It's a security feature and is a default for IPB forums.

also, on the main page, it has the username and password boxes. Also, there is a link to a login page. The only difference being the login page has the 'remember me' box, and the main page doesn't.

Why not just put the 'remember me' box on the main page, and scrap the login page? or at least just put the 'remember me' box on the main page?

you can suggest this to the developers. I am not going to rewrite the code for this [even if I could]. I don't see the problem. Most forums/webstores/etc have several log in options/locations.

are you using firefox, or some other "remove all smut and drug links upon exit" proggy/settings? Methinks the monster eating your cookies just might be you.

you should stay logged in if you keep comps on/browsers open etc... half the time I just shut this place down and it just pops me back in later on.

about as secure as hatfull of jellybeans, but it's a nice folksy touch :P

VM

Edited by Vertmorpheus

are you using firefox, or some other "remove all smut and drug links upon exit" proggy/settings? Methinks the monster eating your cookies just might be you.

you should stay logged in if you keep comps on/browsers open etc... half the time I just shut this place down and it just pops me back in later on.

about as secure as hatfull of jellybeans, but it's a nice folksy touch :P

VM

na, not using firefox, and i don't know why any program would delete cookies just for this site and no others.

ah well, looks like i'll be logging in every time. :BANGHEAD2:

like I already said, the software will only allow log in from one browser at a time. so obviously using two computers will not work.

like I already said, the software will only allow log in from one browser at a time. so obviously using two computers will not work.

i was replying to Vertmorpheus, not you. Thanks anyway though.

na, not using firefox, and i don't know why any program would delete cookies just for this site and no others.

ah well, looks like i'll be logging in every time. :BANGHEAD2:

Yeh, ukno u could give yourself a separate identity for each individual computer. I believe that might solve your problem. U might haf2 work hard thinking up anotha username tho. Heh! maybe the thing 2do might be to give urself the same name, but spelt in a different way or some otha fancy ass connection. Good luck with ur conjuring new spells for ur name, or woteva B)

i was replying to Vertmorpheus, not you.

LOL, so was I.