The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Siggor

speeding fine

got back from a little trip to nsw, and a week later found a speeding ticket with my rego on it, but on the fine they didn't send the picture with it, and in the spot that i was allegedly speeding quite a few people were overtaking and such.

should i ask for the pictured evidence? do they even send it out anymore?

I believe these days in VIC the photo comes with the ticket. In the past you would have to pay $16 or so to get the photo sent out. If you didn't get the photo with your ticket I assume you could request it. I've been told that another car in the photo, esp one close to you can be enough to get them to drop the fines. It depends also on what method of detection was used, i.e. radar gun, fixed camera unit or mobile radar unit. If it was a radar gun then you might be right out of luck. Apparently in VIC the cops no longer need to pull over offending drivers and issue the ticket on the spot, they just take down your rego and mail out the bad news.

On another note. If you are unsure of who was driving the car at the time of the infringement you can get the other possible driver to complete a statutory declaration saying they may have been driving. If the ticket office cant pin point a driver they cant issue a ticket. This can lead to messy situations tho, like phone calls and letters attempting to determine which driver was at fault or prove the statements in declaration false. I'm unsure of how applicable this is in NSW.

IMO, if you enough demerit points to avoid suspension and enough cash then I'd just pay the fine and get over with.

I believe these days in VIC the photo comes with the ticket. In the past you would have to pay $16 or so to get the photo sent out. If you didn't get the photo with your ticket I assume you could request it. I've been told that another car in the photo, esp one close to you can be enough to get them to drop the fines. It depends also on what method of detection was used, i.e. radar gun, fixed camera unit or mobile radar unit. If it was a radar gun then you might be right out of luck. Apparently in VIC the cops no longer need to pull over offending drivers and issue the ticket on the spot, they just take down your rego and mail out the bad news.

yeah found it online there was another car that was passing me at the exact time it was taken, it was also a fixed mobile unit. i just know that i stick within the speed limits, and my car was overheating pretty bad that day so didn't want to flolg the shit out of it.