The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

salvia divinorum and depression

have mentioned this in another thread but feel its too interesting to get lost in the mix.

first from maps

http://65.18.176.18/news-letters/v13n1/13118han.html

and after reading the above an experiment is noted in this thread

http://www.ethnobotany-australia.net/forum...topic.php?t=995

t s t .

dont know if that first link is working,i missed out the last n the first time but the edit is still giving the same wrong addy,will get back to it later if it doesnt work.it's from the spring 2003 issue'salvia divinorum:clinical and research potential'.

t s t .

[ 17. August 2003, 14:08: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

unfortunately, Salvia Divinorum and SalvinorinA's schedule 9 status makes it unreviewable for any possible therapeutic use.

Lucky for us in the usa it's not yet illegal:) I can tell you from personal experience that salvia is great for depression. It's effects last for days. Someone with severe depression might need to take it every day but occasional dark moods can be aleviated with one dose. I find that a less than tripping dose works quite fine. The benefit is most noticeable the next day, it seems to me. The stuff is great.

While I'm on the subject, I'd say that sceletium has fairly good anti depressant powers as well. It does seem to brighten up your mood. I have some available for trade.

Stoney

have also noticed the anti-depressant effects from S. divinorum.

Personally, right after the journey is when things are the happiest, though that is coming from a good experience...have never actually been hurt in anyway by the lady come to think of it. Possibly it doesn't have the same effect coming from a bad journey?

Have noticed the initial day has the anti-depressant qualities, then things tend to drop a little for the next few days, but pick up greatly about day 4-5, depending on situations though.

Personally the instant anti-depressant effects, i put down to the happenings of the session, the world that was visited, the images and emotions seen and felt and the rest that can't be put into words hehe, though the feelings at day 4-5 i can't explain at all, just to say that the plant certainly has something to do with it, has occured too frequently for it to be a co-incidence.

[ 18. August 2003, 22:28: Message edited by: gerbil ]

Stonehenge,

I tried to send you a private email but got a window stating it was blocked...?

Anyway, please contact me at my email address... I'm interested in trading with you.

Thanks,

Robert