The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tripitaka

Lordy, lordy, Funk me!!!

I dont know if anyone will be as excited as me??, but WOW!!

This is an opportunity I cannot believe!!

I have a video course in Sydney in the last week of the holidays and thought I would look at the Basement website to see what kind of jazz maybe happening and BAM, I'm hit with the prospect of seeing THE HEADHUNTERS.

I have every Herbie Hancock album released and when I hear Chameleon something shifts deep inside me.

Here is a little bio if anyone is interested.

The godfathers of funk and fusion, whose hits 'Chameleon' and 'Watermelon Man' continue to be played the world over are finally coming to the Australian circuit. Originally fronted by Herbie Hancock, The Headhunters' Australian tour will feature funk-drummer extraordinaire Mike Clark, master percussionist Bill Summers, the amazing Jerry Z on hammond organ and bass and Australian composer and guitar innovator Marc Mittag. Fans of the Headhunters will be treated to their classic hits along with songs from their new album and compositions by Mittag.

The gig is on the Wednesday 8th October at 9:30 at the Basement, $35

The Headhunters @ The Basement

Some YOUTUBE footage from the 2007 tour

Check out the slap monkey TM Stevens on Bass, Damn!!

One of my favourite trax, God Made me Funky HERE

Ohhhhh and this SLAP MONKEY doing it to you in your ear hole!!!

Edited by Tripitaka

Hexalating!! :shroomer:

Thanks Sina

Always a ridiculous blast hangin' out with ya Tripi.

Amusing anecdotes, the only other person who likes walking those long walks as much me, lying in the grass, chinese fluteness, SIX SIDED OBJECTS, Orchids in a cage, awesome jazzification, funkifying and other modeitudes all involving my mouth left hanging open in sheer amazement, ancient Central African James Boags music, we should set up a commemorative website with some whales!

Damn hippies are too much fun.