The Corroboree
Eddie Mersh

Looking for a reliable distributor...

that sells peruvian torch cacti, maybe some of you know me by my cactus ID post in the ID section. I recently got burned by a popular vendor who's been selling cuzco as peruvian, he had a sale for an 16" specimen for $45 and needless to say I'm still pissed. I recently looked into sacred succulents but they were out till next year, but I bought a penis plant and a normal bridgesii anyway. SS did have seeds but I don't want to wait for a specimen to mature and grow up into something else.

56 views and no response, that's sad. This is more discouraging then being told to fuck off by a board member.

56 views and no response, that's sad. This is more discouraging then being told to fuck off by a board member.

funny enough, only 2 min have pasted since you posted those two messages, and when i was online only a short time ago, this post was not there at all.

normaly it takes around halve a day or more (depending on which forum) to get 60 views (thats what it shows now) so i think something is wrong with the views count. normaly onr get only a few views at this time of the night and in such a short time span.

i think your statment is totaly inaproppiate, no need to swear, just because you don't get a responce (right away).

right now, most of the members of this forum are sound asleep, as it is nightime/early morning!!

I didn't mean to sweat to be vulgar, I'm not the kind of person to work blue. sorry

A little impatient don't you think? You waited all of 12 hours before you decided you had been rejected by the community. Did it ever occur to you that some of the people who looked at the thread may have not had time to give you a thoughtful reply and were going to come back and answer later? Perhaps that won't happen now. If you're not a patient person, perhaps growing plants isn't your thing. Also, you're from the States, and this is an Australian board, so maybe none of the people who viewed your post actually know any US vendors.

Having said all that, I hope someone can help you find what your looking for. I'd say most cactus being sold as peruvianus is cuzcoensis, so you really need to be specific about what you are after when purchasing. I think 'icaro' is the most common true peruvianus out there, not sure though. Good luck. :)

Eddie most of the members here reside in Australia and as such have probably never ordered any cacti in America.

I assumed you wanted to order from America.

If you are happy to pay the extra cost of buying in Australia, please state this and I am sure you will receive plenty of tips regarding good distributors

Hey dude.

You have to remember that the US is not the centre of the world, and that most of us in Australia are asleep when you post, just like all you lot are snoozing (and a day behind at that) when we are up. Aussies get a tad pissed off when folk State-side think that the rest of us should dance to their drum, so it's not surprising that you got sprayed!

I guess that you found out the hard way!

There are a few USAdians here though, and they'll drop by over the next few days, so as the others have said, patience is the virtue here.

Order cuttings and "Los Gentiles" seeds from Sacred Succulents.

Or...

Get some seeds from Icaros.

Be patient.

I didn't get this guy the first time I bought a "peruvianus", I got a cuzcoensis!

pics119.jpg

Edited by Teotz'

Nice Cactus Teotz. Has the true blue sign of approval from me. Well it appears peruvianoid.. and it has that cold in the shade bluing thing going on, it must be! Ah but how to find a definitive answer?... Help me out Teotz! Ever since you started the myth I've been dying to find this fabled cactus, and I think you've got it, please oh please can you provide me with a certain answer... is your cactus... The ONE?

There is no single "one" cactus and I'm pretty sure you being sarcastic.

I DEF. didn't start this myth and would really like to know who did... cause I can't remember anymore!

Nice cactus anyway.