The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Legba

Drug users turning to Valium

http://www.news.com.au/story

CRACK cocaine and heroin users in Britain are consuming increasing amounts of the tranquiliser diazepam – better known as Valium – a drugs charity said.

DrugScope said its annual survey of drug trends found that diazepam use had risen in 15 out of 20 towns monitored.

Known on the street as "blues" or "vallies", the drug is being used as a heroin substitute to help ease the withdrawal symptoms of coming down from crack cocaine.

The surge in its use was being driven by a rise in illegal imports, of both genuine and counterfeit pills, and of a reported shortage of quality heroin, particularly in the southern half of England.

There was some evidence that diazepam, costing around £1 ($2.13) per 10mg tablet, was also being used by problem drinkers, powder cocaine users and by some young people.

DrugScope Chief Executive Martin Barnes said the trend was worrying as drug users faced a high risk of overdose when taking diazepam in combination with other drugs such as methadone and alcohol.

Seizures of diazepam by drugs officers have also soared. Police and customs seized 2 million diazepam pills in the two years to June 2008, compared to just 300,000 pills in the previous three years.

Diazepam is a class C drug which can only be supplied legally by prescription and cannot be imported without a licence. Doctors prescribe diazepam for insomnia and anxiety, but regular use can make patients dependent on the drug.

It is regarded as harder to give up than heroin, said DrugScope.

Police and customs seized 2 million diazepam pills in the two years to June 2008, compared to just 300,000 pills in the previous three years.

Mothers Little Helper is getting very popular.... no big surprise really.

Valium is "No bodies" friend'

Get a habit and try and kick this bitch'

2+ weeks of psychosis' sweats and madness'

Take a look on the net' you can purchase these' very simply' descrete packing' posted world wide'

Add the benzos withdrawal to "Smack"/Coke n' alcohol' the pahrmy business worldwide become zillionaires over nite'

How much of this supply do you think is so called illegal' very little I would say' because the tabs are all identical' except for 2 brands' that are amde in a mediteranean country'

So big pharma worlwide the likes of Roche and cox' make these bitches and then just leak them all over the world'

Drink Valeriane tea' take some plants'

Unless you like psychosed to madness' totaly numb of body' and serious sweets and chills for 2+ weeks' plus about 2 years retardent withdrawal'

Be safe

Be well

Never feed big pharma with your life and money'

Use your life to grow and' money to feed yourselves'

Ok a wee pationate rant from me' but if there was no supply' then benzos would go obsalete'

Concpiracy' concpiracy'

Ez

Nobunoni +

Valium is my friend.

Whats Valium? :P

seriously its a W.H.O top 10 essential drug and is one of the most prescribed in the world (unfortunately not so much down under), it would just about have to be the softest option a hard drug addict would/could choose...

Mothers Little Helper is getting very popular.... no big surprise really.

this slang made popular by the Stones..."And though she's not really ill

There's a little yellow pill" generally refers to Nembutal and most likely the Beatles 'Yellow Submarine' amoungst others.

Edited by Conan Troutman

my friend to.

36 hour plane flights or 12 hour bus rides are just soo much better w/Val.

generally refers to Nembutal

Thanks for setting me straight there, never tried nembutal; i wonder how it compares.

After 5mths of gripping the edge of the bed wondering if im going to totally loose it for good (finally) from withdrawals from high dose rivotril and prednisone and prednesalone(sp), i must say im quite happy with my 20mg of valium a day(for now). And tapering down gradually till im on nill will be a breeze compared to what ive been through.

If western medicine can stabilise people on something and slowly bring them off with quite a lot of success the stretched period of slow less intense withdrawals is a lot better then intense sudden onset intense (often damaging and at times fatal) withdrawals faced by going cold turkey.

Id much rather a clinically and medically supported and supervised withdrawal on diazepam then a self regulated withdrawal from crack(pure coke), H, alcohol, or other serious pharmas.... speaking from 5 mths of medically assisted experience, and 2.5 years of personal exploration/attempt.

I would think that substitution with valerian extract once on a low enough dose of diazepam would be feasible.

I reccomend anyone wanting to withdraw from any serious heavy physical dependency take it very slow, be patient, and get as much medical assistance as possible.... the pros far outweigh the cons... just never take diazepam as a long term symptomatic medication as CBT and other therapies are a lot more sustainable and healthy in the long run..

That said, legal or illegal abuse of benzos is a very serious and worrying trend, and should be treated with just as much concern as H and coke/crack dependency, as the withdrawals are just as bad (if not worse), the high is hardly as euphoric/recreational, they are a lot more accessible, and also probably worse for your physical health then high purity H or coke, and equally impacting on quality of life.(especially in combination with alcohol)

There's a little yellow pill" generally refers to Nembutal

for a while i had access to medical grade nembutal.

greatest. drug. ever.

EDIT: i'll move this to another thread

Edited by twix elbert