The Corroboree
teonanacatl

Would you go to war for australia

Would you fight for australia  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest svarg26

awesome poll. most people would not fight for money for someone else. but would rather defend themselves and their families as a rebel.

the moral of the story is, we do not want to fight in your wars for profit anymore.

makes me proud to be a human being for a change.

Not being aussie I didnt vote.. but as a USAdian I would never join in an illegal and unjustified war like Iraq, Afghanistan (yes it IS flagrantly illegal under international law), or Vietnam. If I were drafted for war I would happily fill up half of a jail cell as a illegal pacifist rather than fight. If my country were invaded I would neither fight nor run and hide, I'd work in the underground getting medicine and messages of hippie love to the people.Invading armies, as in the aggressors, are never the good guys. The provocative waging of war against another country was the highest crime the Nuremberg tribunals charged the nazis with, its the most extreme war crime of which all other crimes follow. If someone charged in to "liberate" you all they would liberate is weapon and rebuilding contracts for their own friends while stomping your people down. For examples just look at...... the totality of human history!

Hippie peace love, man. Dig it.

HippieGirl-791624.jpg

I do wonder though who has the right to say a war is legal or illegal....does depend on what side your on...I will fight when it effects me, my family, my friends and my way of life. I was pissed I missed out on Vietnam at the time because of age...only because I wanted a big adventure and as a boy of 18 I was a gungho...I joined the services and did my 3 years during unheard of peace :lol: ...Thats why our government and those around the world can send our troops off to war so easy...many of us when we are young are looking for the experience...I loved running around playing soldier and I have life long friendships and great memories because of it..That was when I was young....the reason for me to go to war now would be as I said above.

A good example is the telly series "Generation Kill" sums it all up well really..

Cheers

Hutch :wink:

I'd rather die for a cause than to die just because

we exhaust natural resources forced into wars,

restoring wasteful ways, keeping other countries poor.

"Monkey see, Monkey do" I wonder what those fucking monkeys saw.

-Sage Francis

I've always thought that if Australia had to introduce conscription (or something dire) I would enlist anyway, but that was because I thought there wouldn't be enough people rallying at home.

Feels great to see people would stand by, seems most would do thier part under thier own rule, which is great too.

Whoever said run and hide... Shame, Shame.

Advance Australia Fair!

The victor writes the history books. That does not mean anything/everything written [ie. what we read ] about the wars of past is true.

[edit: for bad grammar]

Edited by dworx

The victor writes the history books. That does not mean anything/everything written [ie. what we read ] about the wars of past is true.

[edit: for bad grammar]

I disagree. I think it's all true. - It's just we are then bound to viewing history through a possibly biased context.

But considering it even further, everything the defeated writes isn't true as well (A. Greece is a good example of this.).

There is no objectivity! newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

asdfasdf

Edited by Teljkon