The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

Cacti and stone plants ID + opinions

Question

I found these Lophophoras in a local nursery, what a surprise, I realise they're quite young for someone to tell, but still, would anyone wanbt to give some opinions?

dscn3260xo9.th.jpg

I grafted one in a myrtillocactus stock, my first serious attempt, to boost it's growth and maybe ID it earlier... I hope it doesnt fail, 'cause it's a pretty thin slice....

dscn3359nk2.th.jpg

the 2 trichs

dscn3344js1.th.jpg

they came from a good US vendor , a t.pachanoi and t.bridgesii - I don;t for one moment doubt their ID, but I would love to see any comments on my new and already beloved specimens from you guys here....

dscn3265jc1.th.jpg

I found Euphorbia obesa for the round cacti.... I saw some photos of it clustering, what's the story with it?

as far as the stone plants are concerned, what are argyroderma and lithops botanical differences??

8 answers to this question

The Lophophora look like typical young L. williamsii to me. And I don't know enough about non-Cactaceae succulents to help with the Lithops/Argyrodema question, but I would think it would have to do with the flowers.

~Michael~

Hmmmm that's nice to learn, Michael. Thanks a lot for letting me know you opinion :)

My first graft seems succesful, in spite of it being a thin slice ~ a poor first attmpt , that is

:) :) :) :) :)

dscn3394mw0.th.jpg

Edited by mutant

dscn3389li3.th.jpg

also this little guy is growing taking the form of a pachanoi also

Pedro!

Yes Sanches.

He's left the room, try to cut through the rope with one of your spines.

ROFL ^^ :lol:

Mutant, nice plants and thanks for the photos. That last pic (the tied up pach) looks very similar to a young cacti I bought as a Peruvianus hybrid, can you shed any light on the background of your plant? Might help me to narrow down the parentage of mine.

ROFL ^^ :lol:

Mutant, nice plants and thanks for the photos. That last pic (the tied up pach) looks very similar to a young cacti I bought as a Peruvianus hybrid, can you shed any light on the background of your plant? Might help me to narrow down the parentage of mine.

is that a diochtmous?

LOL :)

well this particular plant is what got me into cacti - I got this as a newbiee gift from Jono of this very forum - speaking of jono, where is this lad... [ok I found him :)]

other than that, it was supposed to be a san pedro , seed grown... I will let you know if I learn anything more... I do want to learn more on my plant, so...