The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DuG

Bogan unite!

Just wondering How everyone's bogan cactus are going?

Mine are going well, even the smallest (ex)rotted cutting sprouted roots and are growing.

Post pics if you have 'em, I'll put some on when the sun is out

btw Its been a long time since I've been on the forum, I'm glad to see its still going well.

DuG

What's a bogan cactus?

(Yes, I searched)

See!

Edited by Teotz'

What's a bogan cactus?

(Yes, I searched)

See!

Bogan

Not sure if any of my cactus fit into that discription though.

Glad to see you back and well DuG.

I planted out the bogan cactus with Benzito, will have to go see him to take some photod.

Try here bogan

The bogans are mostly on the right hand side of the pics.

post-850-1218340845_thumb.jpg

post-850-1218340879_thumb.jpg

post-850-1218340908_thumb.jpg

Your pots of of weeds seem to have been invaded by cactus!!!!

long time no see DuG :).

I didnt treat the ol bogan all that well, pretty much how i thought it would like it though. Plenty of VB and Peter Jackson cigges went into this growth DuG, you better be proud :) but yeh, the log was put into shitty soil for rooting and then forgotten about lol. I repotted and fed around mid autumn this year and since then she has put on around 2 inches of new growth. Pretty good compared to the sluggish action i got out of it the previous season. Its goin in the ground asap so there should be some excellent growth then. The bogan is one of a kind that is for sure, thanks again DuG, i luv the ol bastid.

post-1464-1218539022_thumb.jpg

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

Bogan-

A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).

The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.

Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Oz's verison of rednecks? :lol: