The Corroboree
meme

Kratom (past information)

While I know that no one in Australia has any Kratom trees anymore, and that there is a lot of old threads, I am curious if anyone may have had time over the last few years to develop ideas or insights that were not developed when the topic started getting unfashionable. Many people should have also had time to talk to other who may have shared knowledge.

I'm in the US and kratom is 100% LEGAL (unlike lophophora williamsi, I'd trade you all laws if you want :P ) . There is a lot of research being done with addiction recovery, and, considering the alkaloid spectrum, more fields of research are soon to arise.

I live in a perfect climate for kratom, and have 4 rifats and a bumblebee that are growing like bamboo!

Edited by meme

Some notes on growing the Rifat clone in Sydney while it was legal:

* Ground plant 20cm+ plants in early Spring. Planting earlier is possible for larger plants who have been acclimatised to cold. A trunk 8cm in diameter was measured after 4 years growth. Obviously this would be almost double that anywhere winter is warmer.

* Growth exceeds 60cm a year in a good microclimate (or in any actual tropical environs), with full sun. Ground planting was dug out to a depth of 1 foot (30cm), laid with gypsum and filled with commercial soil mix (well composted) and moo-poo in equal proportions.

* Responds well to pruning after first growth season. Leaves will drop heavily during a Sydney winter without some protection from the elements.

* After the second growing season all leaves are good for consumption. 2-3 fresh leaves every few hours provides good stimulation for physical exertion. High potentiation of other indoles at this dose is noted. Acetone extracts provide some visual stimulus when smoked and used orally at approx the same doses. This may indicate increased potency in the gut vs lungs.

* Females respond exponentially better to low doses this plant as an aphrodesiac and "mood regulator" during the most hormonal parts of the month. EG noted it can be used as a good 'confidence boost' when chasing the ladies. I agree.

* Quidding similar to how the Yemenis do Qat seems to be the most effective. No experiment data on use with Piper species as is traditional.

* As has been noted previously, drying and long term storage of the biggest oldest (and thus most exposed to climate) leaves seems to increase potency. Some noted that this home grown leaf was much more potent than other available "product".

* In terms of addiction potential, this ganja-addict noted some benefit. Assume due to regulation of the opioid pathways which can be stimulated during pot use. Not having much experience with opiates myself, it was hard to guage its usefulness in tackling those issues. Someone else will chime in here I'm sure.

* In terms of addiction potential, this ganja-addict noted some benefit. Assume due to regulation of the opioid pathways which can be stimulated during pot use. Not having much experience with opiates myself, it was hard to guage its usefulness in tackling those issues. Someone else will chime in here I'm sure.

information abound on Kratom and withdrawal (also alcohol?)

in short, it fills the gap but a determined user isn't likely to find it very interesting.

I almost hate to mention it given the current legal situation in Australia, but I have several legal (US) Bumblebee and Rifat trees as well as a short little bushy Sally which will soon be ready to give up a few cuts to start new clones.

Is there a preferred method for cloning Kratom or would I do best to treat them as I do when taking cuts of other species?

I almost hate to mention it given the current legal situation in Australia, but I have several legal (US) Bumblebee and Rifat trees as well as a short little bushy Sally which will soon be ready to give up a few cuts to start new clones.

Is there a preferred method for cloning Kratom or would I do best to treat them as I do when taking cuts of other species?

kratom is not as easy as salvia to strike but it is fairly easy, just take a 3 node cutting and reduce the leaves to halve or less, use hormon if you wish so, than put under a humidety dome.

sometimes strike rate is low and the cuttings rot away, but don't let that stopp you from trying again.

there is a lot of info on kratom on this forum, after all it was the people of this forum who introduced this plant to the wider ethno world!!!

Anyone know where to get a bumblebee clone in the US?

Edit --> Never mind, should have googled first. duh.

Edited by Psylocke