The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Richard Dawkins

some kind of double torus thing, made cooler-looking with the spirals. cool picture. i liked your post too but not sure what all the apostrophes are supposed to mean.

edit: put the picture back!

Edited by ThunderIdeal

He he he'

Yep the double Torus' the origin of energy spin of our universe'

I posted the pic' as a way of showing the two hemispheres of the brain' and the figure eight of our universe'

How all is connected'

The one the reflection of the other'

Bliss

Nobunoni +

yeah i cringe every time i hear someone drag quantum mechanics kicking and screaming into a debate about religion or magic or consciousness or ESP or [insert crackpot scheme here].

agree re: using QM as an excuse for evidence and argument when none exists... however i think you are too quick to categorize ESP as a 'crackpot scheme'. there are mysteries (does anyone really think that after a couple of hundred years of 'scientific method' humans now know basically all there is to the Universe??)

take the Philip poltergeist conjuring in Canada in the 70s. Plenty of other examples exist as to why even "everyday consensus reality" and physics may not be all there is to the story. and that doesn't even address a more solipsistic viewpoint such as McKenna's where your particular state of consc. may reveal underlying non-time-dependant (synchronistic) logic (or illogic) to the Universe.

and since i can never be another, i have to take my own perceptions, confusion, biases seriously.

does anyone really think that after a couple of hundred years of 'scientific method' humans now know basically all there is to the Universe??

i think they do. anyone?

they might be right too but i can't believe it.