The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

grey/blue poppy pods

if poppy pods have a greyey greeny bluey tinge, is this mould? will it cause sickness to consume? like in the following picture

http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/94/04/c619_1.JPG?set_id=7

and the central purple looking one in this

http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/ae/8b/09ef...JPG?set_id=100D

thanks, i appreciate your input :wink:

looks like its still a ittle wet from the colour, but then again any pod looks good to me... has been too long

Yeah i've noticed the very same thing frank. I've consumed them with no obvious signs of ill effect :)

Hi Frank! Hard to tell but to me it looks like spores. A better pic would help to make sure! If you cant make one, just throw away these particular ones! bye Eg

thats how old poppy heads look like, that bluish color, i think is caused by a leftover of the wax which coats the pods. younger pods are always coated in a wax coat, and the older the pods gets the more it dissapears again.

this particular pod was probably a bit younger than the others when dried out, nothing to worry about.

but all this pods are quite old, and allthough many people use old pods, i guess that fresh is the best.

crack em open, looks like they got wet or didnt dry well...if there is a black mould inside of the pod ditch em, otherwise they would be fine for flower arranging (im guessing your not in Cambodia?)