The Corroboree
Humanmolecule

Calling all melbourne plant-heads

Hello all! I've just moved over to melbourne (st kilda atm) from south west aussie (Denmark).. I've been trawling the forum for a years now never really posting, supporting torstens buisness and learning heaps.. But it's not enough and i must know more, so i'm wondering if there is a group who meet here or even just a good crew to discuss and learn (and play) with. I have a fiendish appetite for learning about ethnobotany and want to get into some serious study while i'm here. I want to start a garden and get involved in the ethno community, but none of the people i know here already are in the same sector of the galaxy. I'm a natural born tripper, and want to give something back to plants which have given me so much, so if there are any swap-meets, rituals, affirmative actions or just shit talking piss ups going on, i'd love to know!!! I promise im not an UC or a psycho, even though this post resembles the ramblings of a desperate 40 something on an online dating forum.

Message me if any of y'all out there are inclined to meet a like minded individual. I'll shout ya a beer.. :D peace

Welcome to the forums. You actually just missed a meet that happened a couple of weeks ago. A dozen or so of us having a few drinks and a chat in a pub in St. Andrews. I would not be suprised if there is another one happening soon as there have been whispers. Just keep an eye out in the news and notices forum.

i would love to live in denmark WA, beautiful place what brings you to here?

sometimes we have meets in the city as ballzac mentioned there was one up in st andrews not long ago

i am sure there will be more sometime in the future.

Thanks for the welcome, i hope to contribute in some way!

Denmark is beautiful indeed, feels like the seat of my soul.. But don't tell too many people about the place velvet, it's already going down to the land grabbers. I left for that reason, and to throw myself back into life and grow a little, Denners is the land that time forgot, life was a smidgen too easy there. Came to melbourne to meet new people like me, to get into music and theatre and potentially some study, and because for some reason after spending a few years in the bush and on the beach i was craving the hustle an bustle, dirty as it is.

I'm gutted i missed the st andrews meet, only had access to the net for the last week, and may lose it soon as i'm couch surfing until i can find somewhere to call home here. Cool well i'll keep my eyes peeled on the forums as much as i can, and as soon as i get a place i'll have a go at organizing some kind of gathering. I'll need a hand establishing a decent garden (more a useful garden than a potent garden) and id love to help others with theirs.

p.s If anyone knows of any rooms empty at the moment with decent crew and they could let me know, i'd be eternally grateful!!

Hey i too am settling down back in Melbz for a few months. Wud love to catch up with peeps.