The Corroboree
fractium

Ultimate Cactus Rooting Method

I kinda believe trout when he says, its more about the stock than the rooting method.

They just decide when... Some do it quickly, some take their time.

I've very little experience, but just recently purchased about 12 pieces, all different ages/breeds etc.

Some are rooting and pupping straight away, some are still dormant weeks later...

Edited by C_T

Interesting

Ill have to try some same length center cuts from the same piece next time & see what the results are, i have a reluctant birdgesii tip that just dose not want to root, it would have been a good piece to try this theory out with

I think the main advantage is a dry clean sock dosnt let any rot or mould develop even from a cutting a few days old

Edited by mac

Just thought I would throw in my two cents... as for trichs I have simply left them sitting on my desk out of direct sunlight in the middle of summer with some pretty exteme heat. they threw roots and are now pupping. don't stress too much about it hey. If they want ya to grow em they will let you.

peace

Just another method

I had good results using a plastic foam lined stubby holder with one of my cuttings, i just threw some tissue / dunny wrap in the bottom placed on a windowsill out of direct light :wink:

Edited by mac