The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyPacer

Camping; want a good experiance

*I posted this on the Lycaeum forum as well a couple days ago, and thought maybe you guys could help me out too*

Me and my best friend are planning to go camping next weekend and have some sort of good experiance; be that spiritual, or other learning experiance.

I have only been camping once and done any sort of substance. This was last year trying DXM for the first time. DXM is not a visionary herb, and from what I remember it's not very usefull as anything sacred.

The herbs I have accessible to me right now are:

Salvia - I have found this to be great for feeling a somewhat spiritual experiance, but not too spiritual or learned. It seems to me like dreaming; I go crazy places and see amayzing things, but i haven't learned all that much.

Ayahuasca - To me this is the greatest herb for growth. The things I've been taught using this have put all other experiances to shame. I have only done this once, and currently don't have any MAOI's to use with it, other than passionflower, and some medication I don't take anymore.

shrooms - Haven't tried them yet.

Kava - Great for a relaxing easy to handle night.

HBWR and Morning Glory Seeds - I have tried HBWR and found that both times I experianced a very psychedelic stimulation and relaxation, followed by extreme tensing of my body and discomfort, as well as lethargy and an inability to sleep. The second half of the trip also gave me depressive thoughts and moods, except for the last time i did it, which seemed to end up leaving me feeling like i could take on the world. I worry about having a bad experiance with these.

DXM Powder - I made this powder about a month ago and have yet to try it, i'm thinking this weekend isn't go to change that either.

B Caapi - Used to make ayahuasca. Haven't tried alone.

Calamus - Good mild stimulation both of my mind and appetite.

Calea - Truely works wonders for dreaming.

Some other herbs i have which might help enhance the experiance are:

Passiflora Incarta 30:1 extract - seems good for anxiety

Damiana 10x 1g extract - no noticable effects yet.

Mellow Gold 5x 1g extract - not much effects.

Leontis(dagga) 25:1 resin extract - cheers me up.

Dexedrine - Taken Daily as a perscription.

Grass - could work to eliminate nausea etc.

So this is what I have to work with. If theres any suggestions or experiances to be shared, I'd love to hear them. Also maybe a suggestion for something to buy, as long as i can get it within the city, as ordering online takes two weeks.

[ 18. May 2003, 10:15: Message edited by: AndyPacer ]

You could take ADaM M :D

or one of his relatives :P

shrooms and huasca are truly spiritual.

in search of a true sacrament...

acacia obtusifolia (a cold climat huasca plant), even unskilled cooks seem to

get crystals! for people in cold climates like you, this plant takes, up to minus 12 celsius( or more?).

smoking pot seems to be popular at outings.

last time i camped, i collected quarz crystals and i

found some gold aswell, and at my camp site, green/

blue illuminous mushrooms grew every where...

and many fire flys swirled around. :D

[ 14. May 2003, 16:12: Message edited by: planthelper ]

[ 14. May 2003, 19:34: Message edited by: shroomy ]

I would have to say that my BEST personal experience happened when I was camping in the Ocala Forest here in Florida. We took San Pedro and I ACTUALLY communicated with GOD. This has happened to me twice now under the influence of San Pedro, so I would have to suggest this cactus or some other form of mescaline. Wish you well!

you seem confused about a few things,b caapi is an maoi for one.

my recommendations would be,try to find yourself an experienced guide.dont try anything new in the middle of nowhere with no medical support etc.lastly shrooms seem the safest option IMO.

if you are on regular dex you may find it limits the depth of spiritual experience with entheogens.

t s t .

Presuming it were legal to do so, I would recommend a good strong dose of HBWR and then during peak, long continuous salvia session in comfortable bedding at night under stars. Make sure there are no mosquitos or dangerous objects around (like fire, cliffs, glass etc) during salvia in case you have the desire to get up and walk around. And always have a sober sitter nearby otherwise, if you suddenly get the urge to run randomly deep into the dark jungle you'll probably get totally lost in the darkness. This combo is failproof

i would have to caution against trying a stack of untested combos. i saw recently a lad take three or four different things (each of which individually he was familiar with) and whilst sitting and chatting he suddenly slumped forward and went face first into the concrete, after being revived (ruined everyone elses peak) he described falling into a vortex, took everyone by surprise and the injuries could have been a lot worse.

something like this was mentioned previously,local gnome sid c had a moderate amt of mg seeds and smallish amt of sally.he felt his breathing was so slow and shallow he became quite concerned.maybe just subjective but distressing at the time.

t s t .

Thanks for your replies!

I've been wanting to take adam for quite some time now. I'd put it up there with L for stuff i've never done, that I now want to try. I don't think adam would be too good for camping tho... well at least not what i'm looking for.

I think the plan so far is to try mushrooms this weekend with someone whos done it before, and then sometime after take them camping. ... oh yeah, we had the cancel this weekends plans for camping due to rain. but soon.

San Pedro! I've heard many good things. Tho I can't seem to recall any particulars right now... Hallucinations, Learning... and puking? I'm for sure going to get some san pedro soon.

Yeah, B Cappi is MAOI, im missing the other ingrediant. I don't plan to try anything new, or any crazy combo. I'm thinking we have our main dish (prolly mush) and then maybe some grass, if things get too rough. maybe some 5-htp? is that a good mix? I know its used for L and adam(im quite sure) but i dunno about mush.

I like the HBWR and salvia combo, tho i would need to test it first as it seems quite... volitile...

In responce to the guy mixing morning glory and sally, i can see how this could happen. Ive read that dissasociatives can often make this happen as you no longer feel yourself breathing(even tho you are)... i know sally can seem quite dissasociative, and maybe the lsa added to this... then again maybe he was actually hypoventilating.

[ 18. May 2003, 10:24: Message edited by: AndyPacer ]

I'd have to say MDMA in a group session would be the go!

That's if you know your source

The take off can be slightly uncomfortable,but it doesn't last long-then you lose your inhibitions and gain a little insight into yourself too :)

It's not very confronting or scarey,but if you don't know whats in the tab,then you might fall into a K hole

K can be fun,but not when you're waiting for empathogenic experience....Trust ME :rolleyes:

5 HTP is usually used to 'post-load' after using MDMA, as it is the base from which your brain produces seratonin. As MDMA increases the amount of seratonin in your brain, the logic goes that it needs to be replaced and thus more 5HTP is going to help your brain return to normal. L-Tryptophines (sp?) are also of use for the same reason. Read up at www.bluelight.nu on MDMA post and pre loading.

I dont think this would be of much use for mushies as my understanding is they work with different chemicals, thus you wouldnt be in a position to require a restocking of seratonin.

MDMA is certainly a lot of fun, especially when combined when you are really excited about a night, and in a great mood to start with. For example its hard to beat looking forward to seeing a DJ at a rave for a month, dropping a pill or two and just putting your head back and enjoying one of the best experiences you have ever felt.

However i dont beleive it to be the type of drug that is going to offer you a lot of internal spiritual growth. It will certainly make you feel a lot closer to the people you are around, but for many its a more hedonistic euphoria than a spiritual one. Also, many find that the more you move around, the stronger the sensations. In general i suppose thats why so many people use it at raves - the crazier the dancing and the louder the music, the better the experience.

But i have read about people using it in quieter calmer surroundings and also enjoying the experience greatly.

For a camping trip however, I'd reccommend mescaline. In many ways its similar to MDMA but much more spiritual and 'interesting'. Its a sort of intellectually stimulating MDMA rather than a basically hedonistic experience.

Hope this has been of help.

hmmm it seems everyones gnomes have been using their puters to write in this thread...!! :P

yes i caught this snappy looking fellow at my keyboard tonight

gnome.jpg

oh and he says if you want to really enjoy the outdoors than shrooms are definitly the way to go

[ 17. May 2003, 22:55: Message edited by: shroomy ]

Sort of agree,Terry T.- lot's of people just wanna get high,or forget their worries and dissolve their problems - I never used it in this way.( I dont use it anymore)

I read a lot of Shulgins writings,and understood the reason he continued his wonderful works.

I learned more about my true self in a relaxed,musically influenced environment,with a person to whom I have 3 kids with now!

Hedonism is prevalent now, and that's how substances get black listed...

As for the cactii-yet to try :D (not that i would consider it :rolleyes: )

Thanks again for all the helpfull posts.

Terry, L and adam are simply some things i'd like to try eventually, but certainly don't seem like what i'm looking for with camping. Thanks for the info. The website had a 'Gateway Timeout' error, I bookmarked it to try again later. You really clarified the whole seratonin thing too. I knew 5-htp was a precursor for seratonin, but i jus figured that they were complimentary of each other. However now I understand why.

I'm definitely down the middle(very canadian of me) Hedonism has it's moments, as does spiritualism. I'm more of a spiritual one myself, looking for the truth behind pleasure, so I can attain it indefinitaley.

LMAO @ shroomy!!!!! what a crack-up :D

What about set and setting... the second half of what i wanna know is like other peoples camping experiances, and how they set up etc... what worked, what didnt...

there's nothing better than seeing the transition from wood to fire and the flow of liquid gold that follows - heed the advice of those who suggest mushrooms :)