The Corroboree
Kenny Blister

Brugmansia Beauties

wau, realy nice pic's kadakuda!!

looks like there are some not as common specimens growing ther aswell, looking at your photos, i suddenly could smell the brug fragrance. :wub:

yeh,you take a very good pic.....lovely place....i think they must prune those brugs quite heavily each year?

t s t .

Yeah, great photos!! And it seems to verify my theory that the flowers [yello/orange insignis?] take darker and nicer colours when in a darker spot...

yes part of that place is a park, and they have to prune them back. but they have grown a good 4+ km outside the park, where they are not trimmed, just left wild. the one with the bridge in it is huge. the tallest stems i saw were a good 10 meters tall. amazing. the smell at night must be amazing!!! i couldnt imagine.

I find beauty in all plants mutant and thus I'm interested in all plants. I like diversity as well and I've been guilty of suffering from quantity of one or two types or categories of plants as while I love them all, I have a hard time not increasing my collections in those that I love the most. I used to grow mandrake along with many others. My collections are gifted away each time I move though and I tend to move around more than the usual.

Brugmansia can be very hard to root when they are virus prone... Rothkirch a wild Brugmansia aurea is one that you will find this problem with. B. sanguinea, B. vulcanicola, and hybrids thereof are best air layered in my opinion, but you can root them as well from cuttings. The easiest to root are healthy aurea, suavelolens, candida, aurea x suaveolens, insignis, and versicolor in about that order.

Hope this information helps. I'll pull out some medicinal recipes in my books when I get some time. I find many are more afraid of these plants than they should be and others are just the opposite.

Hi, I know this is very late reply but i just join in. Your picture of those brugmansia seeds are very cool looking "Inyan". Do you grow those beautiful flowers? What is B.vulcanicola and B. sanguinea?

Thank you for any reply.

asiangirl

I think Inyan hasn't showed up for a long time.

What is B.vulcanicola and B. sanguinea?

Thank you for any reply.

asiangirl

the B is for brugmansia and they are 2 species of brugmansia which have [usually] red/yellow colours.

t s t .

the B is for brugmansia and they are 2 species of brugmansia which have [usually] red/yellow colours.

t s t .

Thanks for the reply, 't s t tantra'

I will search on the internet for more info. in this.

asiangirl