The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

anadenanthera problems

i have a few a.colubrina growing,they are about 4-5 months old. when they first germinated they grew pretty fast. they got to about their fifth or sixth leave(they are not paired leaves) and just stopped. i then repotted them to bigger pots thinking that they may be suffering from root rot,or had become root bound.

they seemed to pick up a little bit after a couple of weeks,producing new shoots....but the new growth soon turned brown and died of.

the older growth still seems healthy but they are remaining the same size. ive tried moving them to a sunnier position as they were in a very shady spot under the patio. they now recieve 70% more sunlight as what they did,3 weeks have passed,no change.

do they need high humidity maybe? more sun? less sun? any help appreciated.

Sorry,don't know.Same thing happened to my Kava :confused: Basically same story,would they like similar conditions maybe??

edit

Edited by Rev

yep, keep them dry for the next 6 months or they might rot. The argentinian winter is fast approaching and it doesn't rain from now till october.

The fact that they lose their leaves is not a bad thing though. It makes them very winterhardy and they can easily deal with a few degress of frost.