The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Save All Living Vital Introspective Aids

Last time I visited this place; I was told "we don't want people like you here"

Does Sally not like Alch??

Clever! at first I thought you were complaining about this forum

Yeah, I had that experience a couple of times too. I think it might have something to do with this community's perception of alcohol though.

edit

Edited by Rev

not much to say on this other than i agree, i am quite fond of beer, but the drink, fight and spew part is not my idea of fun and those people are usually the one causing the trouble just to get the point across, my girlfriend had something thrown at her by a drunk "bloke" for no reason and he then tried to start a fight with me just for saying "that wasnt cool" when he tried stand over tactics on my her. Thats the side of alcohol i dont like.

[ 07. May 2003, 17:44: Message edited by: infinite_monkey ]

Don't think I've been told off for having Alch in her presence (or any other substance for that matter). In fact, some of the most beneficial sally experiences have been with alcohol.

However, I did go through a phase of thinking that i'd been told never to come back for some reason which was not clear, but eventually i got the calling again and figured it was probably just me in the first place thinking i should stop, not sally. I think the response you get has a lot to do with your brain chemistry at the time, and whether you are really letting your guard down, letting yourself be vulnerable. I think that's where a bit of dutch courage comes in handy at times for some people. I've had numerous times where I've gone marching into it like, "yeah, i'm going to go here, then there, then over there and be in control of this... only to march straight face first into a big locked door and get 'pressed'. So i think it pays to only do it when you can really let go.

In my opinion, if you get told you aren't wanted, chances are you just need some more (sally) to dissolve and overpower your inhibitions and defences more fully

Good luck,

Fractal

[ 07. May 2003, 22:53: Message edited by: Fractalhead ]

Yeah, i see ya point Fractal.

BTW-It was a litle green figure that spoke to me.

In a past life, my former self had the attitude that,'I can down six UDL'S,score a stick,be a legend,pull two cones...........

Comatose

Inhibitions and defences at work,I guess??

I feel it's easy to understand the world and other people;But to understand oneself.....well??

Might get her number again

And to infinite monkey.........

Alch. brings out the real(suppressed and unleashed) personality

ADAM however................................... :D

(not to mention EVE.Mmmmmmm)

[ 07. May 2003, 23:37: Message edited by: mescalito ]