The Corroboree
mutant

Turbina [=Rivea] corymbosa cultivation

Also, if partial strangling is taking place, it is being done all along for several meters until they reach the roof and kind of split, like you see in the photograph... I will be taking an updated one, since it looks quite different now...

an interesting thing happened here with that. i grow mine similar to yours, as in hbwr/turbina next to each other. after flowering/seed harvest i always heavily prune mine, right down to the main stem. when i was doing that i noticed that where the 2 stems wrapped around each other in the old growth (maybe a year old?) they actually grew together....i mean when i separated them it was open, like a graft. really odd how they would combine and merge like that. i was assuming because they were growing and getting tighter and tighter. anyway just something neat that happened.

certainly cool plants : how are the flowers coming? my hbwr have decided that its really time to bloom, every node has buds.

So Rivea can be grown from seed to flower and setting seeds in one year?

DSCN5647.jpg

DSCN5649.jpg

i am not sure what you mean kada

but the stems do almost merge when twining in each other, even with the same plant, turbina on turbina...Very strong grips, these plants are trully amazing, especially turbina I should show you some stems pics, but this will be most done and show impressive if they drop leaves in winter!

DSCN5647.jpg

DSCN5649.jpg

i am not sure what you mean kada

but the stems do almost merge when twining in each other, even with the same plant, turbina on turbina...Very strong grips, these plants are trully amazing, especially turbina I should show you some stems pics, but this will be most done and show impressive if they drop leaves in winter!

Wow! awesome shot mutant

My baby is just coming out of her first winter. I was impatient and I put her in the ground mid Autumn. She was really dormant and I thought I was going to loose her but she is now showing signs of life. Hope I get her to look as good as yours.

Hutch :wink:

my hbwr have decided that its really time to bloom, every node has buds.

youhouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, great man

thanks hutch, if you put it in the ground and she's waking up now, you will be fucking amazed by what this plant can do!

Some day photos

DSCN5653.jpg

DSCN5654.jpg

DSCN5655.jpg

DSCN5656.jpg

those are looking great man!!! few weeks ahead of mine, mine are just starting to open up.

what i meant by above post is that the 2 plants grew *into* each other, not wrapped around, i men they were connected like grafted plants....inner flesh against inner flesh. when i pulled them apart it was like splitting one stem into 2, but hbwr/turbina. makes me wondering if grafting these 2 is possible, they can certainly heal together, but i wonder if they could continue of the scion was without its own roots. anyway, that a little off topic.

got pics of your soil/rootspace? they dont seem to be complaining much :)

Wow man this is not at all off topic, i fact this is a fuckin great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graftin argyreias in turbinas wow...

how would you do it, if someone was to experiment? I only know about cacti grafting

I will update with trunks. I have been wanting to take some shots.. havent done it in a while... ;)

Edited by mutant

those are some nice looking bases! i love turb trucks cause they get real gnarly with age....the only think i can think to describe it is good for a far out wizard staff lol. great pics bro.

grafting is not really that much different with plants it seems, just a matter of where the xylem/phloem is and managing to line them up and make them heal without problems. i seem to remember reading something about grafting morning glories, probably sweet potato, but i cannot remember. all ya gotta do is try :) different than cacti in a way though as flat grafts are near impossible. slips/V/wedge etc are all good. google fruit grafting and you'll get a good idea of what to do :)

Yeah, I love turb trunks too. They are very special and beautiful. I was amazed when I first noticed what looks like trunks merging or multiplying while getting wider and woodier ... Eventually this must get really big, as it appears in a photo in 'plants of gods' where a huge trunk is depicted...

oh yeah, V cuts, I was imagining so... Thanks will read more...

Edited by mutant