The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Lachy

Smoking hops...?

After an absolute prick of an evening at work (I had to deal with a complete nutter who was well off his tree on what I would guess was speed, possibly ice, judging from his extreme aggression), I came home and tried rolling and smoking some hops that I'd been drying. You know, just to relax and chill.

Now, I should note right at the start I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to smoking anything. I've never smoked ciggies, nor have I even even tried weed. I've smoked mugwort on about half a dozen occasions, and found the floaty effect that I achieved pleasurable. As such, I (1) suck at rolling anything and (2) have no real experience to compare it to.

I think I'm feeling something from the hops - basically, I'd call it calming and mildly sedative. On a plus, I can't make myself feel grumpy despite the shit of an evening I had at work tonight. Normally, if it's been a bad night, I'd stew over it and find myself getting angrier and angrier... at the moment, I'm as calm as possible.

So, my question that I'm throwing out to the community - does anyone else have much experience smoking just hops, and if so, what sort of effects can you relate? Any side effects that you can recall?

Cheers guys.

Yup.

I've made hops hash.

It makes you sleepy.

asdf

Edited by Teljkon

I tried once, but it tasted real bad -like arse- :puke: mine were a bit old though ,maybe I should try again with something fresher?

Guest Øskorei

I just smoked a fat one of hops & passiflora, it's a very relaxing toke....

Teotz, how did you make hops hash ? Perhaps some method where the trichomes are removed through scraping over a fine gauze screen ?

Grind the hops.

Shake them over a fine screen or wire mesh...

Collect the small particles which fall through and rub them between your hands...

Little balls of "hops hash" will fall from your hands...