The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bling

First time hunter,tips?

Question

When it starts to rain in the hills which are the easiest of the psychoactive mushrooms to find without looking for ones which too closly resemble toxic ones that you need a botanist to identify, also best locations? around the hills, sorry wont be looking on cow pats, thats just to sick for me can do it. Walking through forests is enjoyable, steping on cow shit isnt a turn on for me. Please help,thanks

1 answer to this question

There are a few different types of psychoactive fungi that grow around australia worth targeting, depending on where you live.

Going by your profile, if you are actually in Adelaide, you will be targeting Psilocybe Subaeruginosa - which don't grow from dung. But, if your not prepared to get dirty when hunting, forget it. You can't sugar coat walking around the great outdoors in wet conditions when it comes to getting dirty - but that being said, it's some of the best fun... :)

Subaeruginosa grows in pine and sheltered wood mulched gardens and parks, and I think in Adelaide in eucalypt forests.

Things to look out for are gallerina sp. and Stropharia aurantica - gallerina can kill and Stropharia will make you sick.