The Corroboree
paradox

Agwa, bolivian coca leaf liquer

I agree with sina that it is ridiculous to assume such a product contains cocaine. It's that sort of gullibility that such products are marketed at.

I am a bit puzzled how distilling does not remove cocaine though. I doubt it is steam volatile, even as freebase, but it certainly wouldn't be as salt.

I've certainly had serious blackouts/amnesia from alcohol. One time I had just recently broken up with a girl who was a psycho. I was pretty depressed in general and often found it hard to stop drinking once I started. I took a new girl who I had only been with for a couple of weeks out to a party. It ended with me being a complete dick and spending the latter part of the night swearing at her and just generally being a fuckwit. At some stage I ate raw sausages out of the fridge, and then went to 7eleven and bought some microwave food and brought it home and ate it cold. Earlier in the night I had gone to a pokie venue without telling anyone at the party where I was going, and came back an hour or two later with a couple of hundred one-dollar coins in my pocket, haha (I had about fifty bucks on me that night). I still don't remember most of this, and most of it is pieced together from what others told me. This was four years ago, and I haven't had that much to drink in one go since. It amazes me that the girl I was with that night is still with me :)

Another time I do not remember was the night after a 1200mg DXM HBr trip. DXM would usually last me about five days, and although the main psychedelic effects had diminished after about six hours, I was still well and truly dissociated at the 24 hour mark. I had quite a few beers, although a quantity that I would normally be able to handle quite easily. At some point I ended up having a pill, which I did not feel at the time, but in retrospect I can see how it was affecting my behaviour. I also had some amyl and some weed. There is a certain point that I cannot remember after. Apparantly I wasn't talking and was using my own made up sign language and making strange clicking noises and stuff in response to peoples questions etc. It was all pretty stupid to combine all those drugs, especially doing a pill while I was still intoxicated from the DXM, but the impairment of judgement from the alcohol had a big part to play in that. A photo was taken of me that night, and I believe I have it as my profile picture (not my avatar) here.

Edited by ballzac

i don't suppose it's a coincidence that a popular way of serving it is to bomb it with redbull. the caffeine hit along with the guarana & strong liquer gives you a fine rush.

I think the biggest problem with the caffeine/stimulant alcoholic drinks is that the stimulant effect at least partially overrides the alcohol effect. But at some stage the stim will hit a ceiling whereas the alcohol can keep accumulating. The amounts of alchol you can drink while on speed is phenomenal, and that is just a more potent combination.

AUS govt is wayyyy too anal to let anything remotely related to an illicit drug into here. There's no way people should believe this actually contains cocaine anymore than they should believe they'll trip balls and see green fairies while drinking absinthe. It's a different alcoholic "high" compared to other alcohols but neither is drinking Long Island Iced Tea anything like drinking beer.

ps Green Fairy alco-jolt is RUBBISH and tastes roughly like burnt arse. There's a reason it's so cheap (ten bucks four cans 8.2% each).

Mmm it apears the above description left one crucial bit out.....

Distilled and produced in Holland, AGWA de Bolivia is an "Alco-Jolt" made from the Bolivian coca leaf and contains Guarana and ginseng.

In 1820 the first Bolivian coca leaf liqueur was manufactured by the De Medici in Bologna, Italy and sold throughout Europe. Rudyard Kipling said the powerful elixir as being made "from the clippings and shavings of angels wings". The product was removed from the market with the banning of cocaine as rudimentary distilling did not remove cocaine. Today bales of Bolivian Coca leaf are shipped under armed guard to Amsterdam where they are distilled and an exact maceration and herbal extraction technique guarantee the removal of the cocaine to standards acceptable to European and US authorities. An extremely distinctive peppery herbal base is then blended with other herbs like guarana & ginseng to balance the taste and augment the effect.

Hmm I wonder what happens to the material the cocaine has been removed into?

AUS govt is wayyyy too anal to let anything remotely related to an illicit drug into here. There's no way people should believe this actually contains cocaine anymore than they should believe they'll trip balls and see green fairies while drinking absinthe. It's a different alcoholic "high" compared to other alcohols but neither is drinking Long Island Iced Tea anything like drinking beer.

ps Green Fairy alco-jolt is RUBBISH and tastes roughly like burnt arse. There's a reason it's so cheap (ten bucks four cans 8.2% each).

Hmm I wonder what happens to the material the cocaine has been removed into?

LOL - good point - given its is made in Amsterdam after all........

as far as my understanding goes the cocain removed in the making of coca cola, get's turned into pharmaceutical cocain.

my understanding is that the coca ext in the cola of that name is missing only cocaine and so still contains eucaine and similar alkaloids,of some activity?

assume this is similar?

t s t .