The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
puck

politics

pakistan, kosovo, fucking Fidel gone?!

US shooting down an 'out of control' spy satellite, with SDI missiles, of course. just after China shot down a weather satellite last year...

wtf?

Yea heard about Fidel Castro, its a sad day..Although i think he made the right move,better to leave early.

If he had died while still in power it would have been more positive on the US side, if you know what i mean.

I saw some video of Hugo giving fidel a hug, nearly brought a tear to my eye...2 great men. if only Che Guevara was still alive..

Long live Fidel!!

================

Dont care much bout the Kosovo situation,let them sort it out.

And as for Pakistan, ill be keeping an eye on em to see what happens..only coz they are the only Muslim state with nukes, and a decent enough "insurgency" thing to shake the countries stability.

An the US, Doing what they do best...Testing billion dollar weapons, to destroy billion dollar targets. (i wonder what they could do with all those billions if they were not going into the industry of death)

Peace

Castro was a dictator who crippled his country's economy and has continued to jail dissidents.

It would be nice to think Cuba could undergo fair and democratic elections, but methinks Castro's fascist influence runs deep.

early? after 49 years?

dude, i thought Australia didn't change regimes often enough. Howard crippled the Liberal party by stifling, instead of cultivating, the next generation of leaders. I wouldn't care about the Libs normally, but it's important to have a strong Opposition. You get countries with an opposition only in exile or underground, and a leader in for a fucken golden jubilee almost, and it's not really what i'd call a recipe for progressive government.

still, it's better than what passes for representative democracy in America. Ha! I don't think there have been free and fair elections there since JFK... Interesting, isn't it, how McCain was sidelined in 2000 for George Bush the Second, who got in via nepotism and electoral fraud - then all McCain's opponents this time around concede... But then maybe i read too much into these things?

Lol, i ment early as in b4 death :)

Hes not so bad, the worlds not all about economics (to some people).

And as for dissidents,a good amount of em are criminals (by any governmental perspective),when they are sponsored by "foreign" states *cough* usa to try to over throw, or assassinate, or cause general unrest to the population.

I agree, a good opposition is required in all countries but with the number of assassination attempts by US backed "dissidents" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/638_Ways_to_Kill_Castro its kind of a fight or fly thing, and he fought, as we would all. ( as did Che Guevara,which is ironic since he is considered by many as a great fighter for freedom, maybe if he lived longer people would have hated him as much as Castro)

Look at the good side of Cuba, low crime rates(best in south America), good teaching establishments(best in south America(i think:) ), great health care (best in south America). all for the people. If "democracy" as we know it where to spring up in cuba, decadence would soon follow.

In closing, if the US and others (mainly the US) accepted Cuba as it is, and never tried to destroy it(and its ideas) , Fidel never would have had to take all those extreme measures he has to hold onto power.

Peace ( dont rip me a new one :innocent_n: )

post-889-1203609596_thumb.jpg post-889-1203609578_thumb.jpg post-889-1203609629_thumb.jpg

Soz bout the pics, they just look cool :)

Edit

Oh,And about Mcain, i thought the same thing,especially since Bush senior has endorsed him, tho there can be no POSSIBLE way he can win,anyone from the republican cant win,(judging by from what we hear from the American public) so if they do then yea..im with ya :)

post-889-1203609578_thumb.jpg

post-889-1203609596_thumb.jpg

post-889-1203609629_thumb.jpg

post-889-1203609578_thumb.jpg

post-889-1203609596_thumb.jpg

post-889-1203609629_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

pakistan, kosovo, fucking Fidel gone?!

US shooting down an 'out of control' spy satellite, with SDI missiles, of course. just after China shot down a weather satellite last year...

wtf?

wtf is your point?

Looks like JOP is back with his classically misinformed posts, but nonetheless I agree, this is all business as usual?

The man that seeks with with old thoughts often sees, but rarely finds.

I reckon they were going to drop the satellite on Fidel if he didnt quit... makes sense.

Che Guevara, he's the guy that designs those shirts isn't he?

VM

The man that seeks with old thoughts often sees, but rarely finds.

How true... Great musing Vert.

Where just talking bout politics.

Im no expert n dont claim to be, but i dont wanna have an argument. Just expressing my views on the topic. If i post misinformation ild be happy to be reinformed.

Che Guevara, he's the guy that designs those shirts isn't he?

Yo Vert, yea have you seen his new product line?

post-889-1203711070_thumb.jpg

Will be out in time for easter :)

Peace

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

Castro was a dictator who crippled his country's economy and has continued to jail dissidents.

It would be nice to think Cuba could undergo fair and democratic elections, but methinks Castro's fascist influence runs deep.

actually... the usa crippled cuba's economy

and... do u think cuba should undergo fair and democratic elections like iraq and afganistan should?? maybe we could invade cuba and make them do so??

Edited by XipeTotec

Perhaps indirectly, via the end of the cold war and collapse of communist russia.

and... do u think cuba should undergo fair and democratic elections like iraq and afganistan should?? maybe we could invade cuba and make them do so??

I never said anything about invasion. I've always believed democracy should come from within a country, rather than from outside forces.

Seems the only candidate was made president:

Raul Castro selected to lead Cuba

Raul Castro takes over as Cuban President

I just don't agree with the romanticism of Castro.

Why are westerners so often so dramatically arrogant as to think that our version of governments or our version of religions are the only valid, humane, or moral way?

Western democracy may not fit all cultures! It may not even fit western culture, really. Save me from the tyranny of the majority and the constant conflict bred out of blind adherence to duopolistic democratic delusions of benevolent party dominance. I'd prefer a wise, compassionate, and open dictatorship over a democracy in a land of an immoral majority any day.

And I agree with Kenny, a country should be free to establish and define their own governmental system- any imposition from the outside, be it to create a democracy, a monarchy, a dictatorship, or what-have-you usually results in years of bloody warfare.

Perhaps indirectly, via the end of the cold war and collapse of communist russia.

I was thinking more of trade sanctions

Edited by XipeTotec

trade sanctions probably contribute a great deal.

True, but I've tended to believe he always had poor economic management and was rescued out of tough times by Russia.

I don't mean to be attempting to speak for the wants of the Cuban people. I just believe there are some serious civil rights issues for the country and that their press freedom is a joke (lol, I think the same about this country too).

Western Democracy = Corporate Dictatorship

The man that seeks with with old thoughts often sees, but rarely finds.
I'd prefer a wise, compassionate, and open dictatorship over a democracy in a land of an immoral majority any day.
Western Democracy = Corporate Dictatorship

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Nice quotes here.

che_guevara_communism_killed_tshirt.JPG

Hehehe Brilliant! :worship: