The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
puck

Circumnavigational Odyssey

so hey, fuck it, i'm starting another topic.

29/1 i was having a ciggie on the steps of the stock exchange building, where i work (bank call centre job), puffing away when it comes to me all of a sudden: time to quit. ok, cool.

never put as much concrete faith in my intuition before, but when 1 month's notice happened to fall on Friday Feb 29th (that combination ain't occurring for decades to come) i kinda got the feeling that it's a good thing. then when i'd slept on it, at manager's request, i got a call from Van Halen, singing "go ahead and jump" which was pretty cool. especially when the woman who interrupted the hold-music thought i had called her...

so anyways, i'd been planning a trip north on a motorbike soon, and it's now manifesting sooner than i'd thought. mid-march, in fact. and it's also growing organically into a sort of anti-clockwise rounttrip of this fine brown land. can't hardly wait. just gotta buy a bike and learn to ride it first.

so anyways, i been meeting heaps o peeps, including strangers on the phones at work who i'm meeting for drinks some indeterminate number of months down the track. got a rum & coke, and a scotch, awaiting me in Toowoomba; beers in Morley, WA. going barramundi fishing, i found out today, in the Top End with a public servant.

...but moving on - i'm a-wonderin if anyone from this gathering of souls would be prepared to accept a puckly visitor. i would pay my board in kickarse massages and free natal chart readings. could even mow your lawn in return for a place to pitch the tent for a night.

you just know i want to have my worldview crushed, and get whipped silly, by Vert; accused of self-incrimination by Xipe; and defended by sundry others, from offenses i didn't even notice... serious, i have full respect for all, and would be happy to say hello, if just to one of you.

so whaddaya reckon?

i would pay my board in kickarse massages

full body??

i like the sound of your trip puck, in my younger days, I wondered if one would be able to travel for free around the country, just on the generosity of his fellow man... also, be careful if you are planning to stay with that guy who lures people in with books. :)

haha, if you get a whipping itll cost you more than a backrub :P

You can pitch a tent on our lawn but I can't guarantee the dog won't use you as a hot water bottle, and once youre at ours you might as well keep headin for Toowoomba... but with a block like ours anyone silly enough to make mention of mowing the lawn is always welcome, muwhawhawha.

good luck,

VM

if you head south let us know, have a few places you could potentially put a tent down here.

If you ever deciede to cross and ocean and a contenent you got a place in my yard after you mow.

Edited by Teljkon

hey Xipe, i'm just doin this so i can say "i always rely on the kindness of strangers". (and also to be a wandering hobo.)

and yes, full body will be on the menu. but you better be a freekin good cook, or at least roll me a j

if, Vert, you're tellin me you're in Toowoomba, am gonna be spending months in that general part of eastern Australia. (how general is that?) would love to warm your dog and steal a ride-on to go apeshit on your lawn.

jd - it's a sure thing. that ain't gonna be til mid-next year, but van Diemen's land'd have to be the crown fucken jewel. i will not die without seeing the Styx!

Teljkon - well, dammit. if i'm going to Hawaii to study under Dennis McKenna and Kat Harrison, how much further to your front door? may as well see old neighbourhood in Palenque where i first took mushies, while i'm over in that part of the world. maybe find out why i chose to incarnate at the end of the Fifth Age in backward, peaceful Australia. guess i could afford to be so far from home, cuz of people like Hoffman, Schultes and the McKennas.

so i'm making assumptions here. you're not in Equatorial Guinea, are you?

so i hope you guys don't mind if i keep this thread long-term. i wanna know where i can stay, but i also wanna keep you guys savvy to happenings. and there WILL be happenings.

thanksand Love to young and old.

Im a ways from Equatorial Guinea Africa 'like there coat of arms though' or hawaii ever heard of Miamie im about say 2 hours north of there.

Edited by Teljkon

alright - dammit. they say not to put the lord your god to the test, but fuck them.

i AM coming to Florida, Teljkon. i'll fly in to Frisco and cross the country (prolly be sick of the motorbike by Feb next year, tho). then i'll take the Gringo trail down from Mexico to Peru, taking in the ruins and ayahuasca all the way - then, just cuz i can - i'll drop in to La Chorrera. hahahahahaha....

so, gotta manifest me the requisite dosh to get across the sea and feed this vessel and transport it....

Tel, btw: were you serious, or just offering cuz you thought i'd never make it? (and what does an Eq Guin c.o.a. look like?)

Like I said you can pitch a tent in my yard if you like not permenatly mind you but shure I got runing water in the form of a hose but I cant guarantee you use of the Restroom. even if you do fly through LA your still a hell of a ways away form florida. Think the closest point on the US map to cuba and you got me peged. If you do come down from the top side of florida down you should take the back roads and do some mycology. Ive been told some of the best shroomery in the world come from northern florida.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Coat_of...rial_Guinea.svg

Edited by Teljkon

fuckers at uni seem to think an itinerant, unemployed and homeless life is not conducive to academic prowess. i fucken guaranteed 'em HD averages, too.

ah well, i was gunna be a tenacious little smartarse bastard and submit the work anyway, then see what they did - but i just reckon i might've been liberated a whole lot of headspace that's now free to just experience the road. thank god for that. (cheers, mate)

so it's gunna be swashbuckling adventure on the high ways. i'm itching to get going, but then again - don't it always seem to go...?

i think most people're gunna be glad to see the back of me. hopefully not the people i meet out in the big wide world, but.

fuck i can't wait to leave.

btw Teljkon - are you taking the piss, or d'ya seriously suppose i don't know where Miami is? cuz i've heard stories... (dude on the 'net who couldn't find Australia on a globe - and was then amazed that my wife could point out the US....)

nah, am savvy enough. gunna make it a pilgrimage: Frisco, then see Bill Hicks' childhood home, go to the Comedy Pouch in Possum Ridge Arkansas, Huckleberry Finn country on the way thru (I'll've already been thru Ned Kelly country in Oz) - and try not to kill anyone in Texas (gotta make sure i get home alive). might just bring a mate, hopefully. that cool with you?

and Cuba - that's the country ruled by Fidel Castro, right? (jk)

dfgd

Edited by Teljkon

Nah I wasnt taking a piss I was serious man I dont now anything about Auz except that the capital is sydney

maybe u know less than what you think :wink:

Capital city is Canberra, in Australian Capital Territory. Kinda like Washington, in the District of Colombia.

It used to be Melbourne, until they built Canberra - they built it on a sheep station (ranch) closer to Sydney than Melb to be sensitive to the rivalry twixt the two cities. Just like Washington was an artificial city on the Potomac, Canberra is an artificial city - but they built the bloody lake (Lake Burley-Griffin) almost from scratch. [puck's personalised history lesson]

Don't worry, we get American history almost forced down our throats. (Our political system is a hybrid of yours and the UK's.) Anyway, I can never hold a grudge against an American simply for being an American: they can't help it, after all. And let's face it - most Americans will give you plenty more good reasons to hate them lol. No offence, Teljkon; you're one of the good guys, even if just for being on the SAB forum. (tho i'm sure there's more good in there than just that)

It's funny watching CNN from outside the US; lots of international news. CNN inside the US is completely different, so I'm told. But Fox News is my favourite: i knew for sure we were invading Iraq when i saw "Target Iraq" on Fox. if you don't laugh, you cry, eh?

But I digress. All i wanna say to you, my friend, is thanks in advance for letting me possibly stay. And full respect for admitting lack of knowledge. it's the difference between simply 'not knowing' and full-on ignorance. Fucken know-it-alls like yours truly here, are goddamn obnoxious and never get laid.... (plus we fall harder when we're wrong about something really bloody obvious)

can't wait to meet ya. As for rooting in your back yard: in my fucking dreams, my friend. And even if dreams came true, i'd have more respect than that.

tdgdd

Edited by Teljkon

puck is from Melbourne, down south. I quite like the fact i was born in the same place (well, same place-name) as Jim Morrison. you'll have to give me directions to Melbourne, Florida eh?

one week will be more than sufficient. you'll prolly be sick uv the sight uv me by then anyways! the fact that your invitation brought me the rest of the way over the Pacific is most appreciated. i'll overstay my welcome in your country, no probs, but would never wanna overstay it on your backyard.

ps. dude i know. i was joking. but Raoul's still very much a Castro, so....

(pps. if i get to sounding obnoxious and facetious, just know that i'm taking the piss. and i'm not taking your piss (i got too much respect for you to do that) - it's always my own piss i take. tell me to shut the fuck up if i offend.)

dfg

Edited by Teljkon

mate, i have heard really good things about the Everglades.

i reckon i'll have a ball just about anywhere. if you've either chosen to live there, or not chosen to flee, it can't be that bad, surely? after passing through Alabama, i think i'll be able to find redeeming features in FL. that, or oranges. i mean, either way...

I can't believe i'm on my way in 5 days. Am i likely to see any of you at Maitreya or ConFest?

jus' a quick note to say i'm marching forth tomorrow.

be well, all. i'll be in touch.

jus' a quick note to say i'm marching forth tomorrow.

be well, all. i'll be in touch.

good luck!!

dfg

Edited by Teljkon

Thanks guys. I am being mindful on the bike, and I'll be very conscious of the vibes over the other side of the Pacific. That's next year, but good to know already.

Picked me some Lion's Paw from my boyfriend's folk's place in Birregurra. About to have my last cigarette, so I'll try the Leonotis out tomoz! In Hall's Gap now, at my Aunt's place. I love it here, always have.

New places, old places, always new experiences.

Edited by puck