The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
domide

Plants in Human Affairs - 12 day course with Dennis McKenna

Dennis McKenna and Kat Harrison from Botanical Dimensions are holding a 12 day intensive course on ethnobotany/ plants in human affairs in January 2009. This is a msg he passed on -

Note for members of the EGA Community! This course is already fully booked for January 2008, but many of you have expressed interest in signing up for the next iteration of the course which will be January 2009. This document and the accompanying syllabus and reading list will be posted on the EGA website, and the information in those documents applies to 2008; however, the course will be very similar in 2009, so they will give you an idea of what the course covers, how it is structured, and the costs. If you would like to register for 2009 contact Carla Mantel at [email protected]. You can email me directly, and I’m always happy to hear from you, but Carla is the administrative director who can help you get registered, tell you about how to transfer credits, etc. I can be reached at [email protected]. I get lots of emails, so don’t worry if I don't get back to you right away. I will eventually respond.

I’d also like to thank Jonathan Carmicheal, Kat, Micheal Bock, and the many, many members of the EGA community who have worked so hard to make EGA a success and to make me feel so welcome. It’s been a wonderful experience! Australia is a great country, you are all wonderful people, and I can’t express what a pleasure it has been to come here and share this time and experience with you. I’m looking forward to further contacts, collaborations, events, courses, &C. You’ve got a fine thing going here in this community; keep on keeping on, don’t lose heart, and as they say in Australia: No worries, mate!

Sincerely,

Dennis McKenna

There will only be 15 people in the course so I guess anybody that is interested should try to register soonish...

Wow! I've always wanted to meet Kat and talk plants with her. This sounds like a great opportunity. For those who don't know. Kat is Terence's ex partner and she set up an ethnobotanical research garden in Hawaii.

Registration begins May 2nd, so a bit of time to think about it. I'm hoping that EGA made enough of an impression that Aussies might make up a significant proportion of 2009's crop.

Course cost (for Jan 08) was US$2,200 - not exactly cheap, but well worth it.

Who's in?

There will only be 15 people in the course

15 people on a 12 day course w/such a relatively broad subject......sounds like it would be an amazing opportunity.

I hope that anyone who does go is able to bring back plenty ov info to share w/those unable to attend.