Sign in to follow this  
Stinkmeat

Favourite Massage/Healing Technique/s?

As a Chiropractor,

we were told to become masters of the placebo affect,

this can be as simple as good bedside manner,

showing empathy,

but of course, there are many trade secrets,

that you should pick up during your course, and thru experience.

Hi Stinkmeat,

I've had my cert IV for 10 years and learned a couple of things as an avid health and wellenss nut.

Funtional anatmoy, and applied body mechianics stuff absolouely shits over the main course info in remedial massage. imo, if a course doesnt have this it create next to useless therapists..

EFT is bloody easy, quick and effective when used with N.L.P

Mantak Chia's chi gung info is ELITE- iron shirt, structural alignment and all that stuff is INCREDIBLE for a therpaists under standing of how the bodty should/can work.

Pavel Tsatouline teaches very helpful concepts regarding bodywork and structure.

Hope this helps.

G*P mentioned NLP - yay! :)

Has anyone ever combined massage and hypnosis? (Im going to make an assumption that people are already in a near hypnotic state i.e. trance due to regular massage) so it wouldn't be hard to guide them into desired scenarios i.e. relaxing special place or to see visuals according to massage, to give them keywords for instant relaxation the next time they came in or additional healing by aid of hypnosis etc possibilities are endless

G*P mentioned NLP - yay! :)

Has anyone ever combined massage and hypnosis? (Im going to make an assumption that people are already in a near hypnotic state i.e. trance due to regular massage) so it wouldn't be hard to guide them into desired scenarios i.e. relaxing special place or to see visuals according to massage, to give them keywords for instant relaxation the next time they came in or additional healing by aid of hypnosis etc possibilities are endless

or suggest they heal deeper and deeper with ever touch.

yeah that's a good one spudamore just a cycle '...with every touch feel the relaxation spread throughout you and as you do feel it healing deeper and deeper and as it does you feel more and more relaxed' etc

yeah that's a good one spudamore just a cycle '...with every touch feel the relaxation spread throughout you and as you do feel it healing deeper and deeper and as it does you feel more and more relaxed' etc

yeah my g/f has a massage biz i was going to incorporate that into it, just give them a quick induction then with a few suggestions, send them into the massage room. then when they leave bring them out if the already arent out.

sounds like a good idea could really prove to be a unique selling point (USP) for her if she was to promote it or yeah just keep it subtle and unadvertised - either way