The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
infinite_monkey

Rauvolfia verticillata seeds

i have some (but not many) rauvolfia verticillata seeds if anybody is at all interested i am also growing a shrub convovulaceae but i am not sure when they will be able to seed (they are only young) but if there is people out there intersted in them also i can increase there numbers so there can be some more seed

yes i'd like to add some to my collection, is there any seeds you are seeking that i may be able to assist with by way of swap?

Guest reville

Hey WD if the seed is troublesome you cn chase up a plant from me in a few months when mine are big enough- justr at the waterleaf stage now

reville

if you have any info on rauvolfia that would be great cause all the info i have is a little vague so anything a little more in depth would be lovely

I know very little about this one, just that some species contain reserpine, an antipsychotic/hypnotic drug. Not a very safe one i believe.

Also the plant has been used for snakebite.

As far as planting goes, i just put the fresh berries into soil (didnt clean them) and put in the shadehouse. They all came up.

I dont know how cold hardy it is but at the end of winter the ones in Mt Coottha and in Nthn. NSW looked just fine.

I think part shade is the way to go with this one and a litle extra winter sunshine would probably help. We'll see, ill know more by next year.

Rev.

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 25 November 2002).]